Director, Brand Marketing Planning & Strategy - GAP TEMP
Since the beginning, we've been inspired by everything women and girls are capable of, whether they're serious athletes or just getting into fitness. We create versatile premium performance apparel designed for a life in motion. Challenge fuels us and we are always reaching for the amazing.
We're looking for people who find inspiration in the same things we do: the limitless potential of women and girls everywhere. If you share our passion for a healthy, active lifestyle, personal growth, innovative product and creating rewarding experiences - join our community. Athleta is a certified B Corp - put simply we put people and planet right up there with profit and we're committed to using business as a force for good.
Alone we are strong, united we thrive. Together, we create the Power of She.
A critical team member of the Athleta Brand Marketing team, the Director of Brand Marketing helps lead the omni-channel seasonal marketing strategy, planning and implementation, ensuring that the big brand and product ideas are powerfully brought to life across all major brand touchpoints, in order to grow brand awareness, acquire new customers, drive traffic/conversion and deepen the emotional connection consumers experience with our brand.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
SEASONAL BRAND MARKETING STRATEGY & PLANNING
- Lead the omni-channel seasonal marketing strategy, planning and implementation, ensuring that the big brand and product ideas are powerfully brought to life across all major brand touchpoints
- Play an integral role in identifying big brand and product ideas for every season and brief into omni-channel marketing and creative team
- Lead seasonal omni-channel hindsighting and competitive analyses to inform seasonal marketing strategies
- Partner with customer insights team to inform seasonal marketing strategies
- Support Senior Director in overseeing omni-channel marketing team in bringing the big seasonal ideas to life in a powerful, differentiating and emotionally engaging way across all brand touchpoints
- Develop brief for and oversee seasonal campaign/theme activations, seasonal product naming and packaging requests
- Partner with creative team to develop seasonal marketing creative that is on brand, meets messaging objectives and delivers impact
- Present seasonal marketing strategies and plans to cross functional partners and senior leadership team to garner buy in and obtain approvals
- Create executive-level brand marketing results updates (i.e. "brand marketing dashboard")
- 10+ years brand marketing strategy and planning experience with fashion/apparel, consumer brand and/or marketing agency
- Knowledge of the Sports/Fitness/Outdoor industry, athletic experience or interest a plus
- Omni-channel brand marketing experience with a strong understanding of digital
- Excellent brand marketing strategy development and execution experience and skills with proven track record of driving strong business results
- Ability to translate product, trend and merchandising information/strategies into marketable product messages
- Desire to build a brand and aptitude for original, creative ideas; open-minded to new approaches
- Strong promotional/traffic-driving ideation/concepting skills
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills and ability to form effective partnerships across cross-functional teams
- Strong leadership skills, detail-oriented, organized and self-motivated
- High comfort level with and ability to powerfully present / garner buy in from senior leadership team
- Experience with creative development and effectively briefing in and working with creative teams
- Strong verbal, written communications and presentation skills
- Strong project management skills, including demonstrated track record in managing complex projects
- Comfortable with operating in a fast-paced environment and dealing with ambiguity
- Proficient in Macintosh Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint and Teams
- BA required
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top