Director - Benefits
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
Is responsible for Benefits design and strategy with oversight for compliance, administration, and communications including for health & welfare, disability, PTO and retirement plans in the United States covering approximately 25,000 eligible employees and 100,000 part-time and seasonal employees
- Ensures compliance with all business and legal plan requirements, directs preparation and filing of legally required reports and documents, responsible for quarterly SOX certifications and internal audit reviews
- Executes strategy, closely partnering with Inc. HR and Finance
- Ability to design & innovate while managing for efficiency in health & welfare, disability and PTO programs
- Manages US health & welfare expense of $115M and for oversight of related expenses in the Benefits Administration and Lifestyle Program annual budgets of ~$10M
- Oversees retirement, time away and disability programs
- Works closely with Shared Services and Brands, as well as other internal and external key stakeholders to manage the administration of the benefits programs
- Analyzes external benchmarking to evaluate the competitiveness of our benefit programs
- Keeps abreast of external environment for emerging trends, regulatory changes, best practices and incorporates into programs
- Works with Internal/External Communications, Government Affairs, and Human Resource business partners to ensure integration of all programs and linkage to customers in support of the service model; change management and focus on messaging internally.
- Represents Gap Inc. and participates in forums such as Retail Benefits Group, Conference Board, and NGBH
Key Experiences/ Attributes
- 12-15 years experience within Benefits function. Global benefits experience preferred
- Passion for customer experience and problem solving
- Team Leadership- experience building, managing and inspiring a broad team Health plan management experience, including health care consumerism and participant communications
- A consultative style, executive presence, consensus-building ability, and outstanding and effective interpersonal and oral and written communication skills. Comfortable presenting to executives as well as large groups.
- Successfully navigates challenging and sensitive situations requiring supportive change management and communications
- Advises and influences, gaining alignment across business units and functions
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple projects; manage multiple vendors and outside consultant relationships
- Strong business acumen, particularly financial and analytical skills; solid understanding of IT capabilities with HRMS desirable.
- Experience in large companies employing significant numbers of exempt and non-exempt employees
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top