Director - 3rd Party Licensing Production and Sourcing - Old Navy
About the role
The Old Navy 3PL director leads and develops a team todrive competitive advantage and cost savings for Gap Inc. by developingstrategies to deliver results in current areas under management and identifyingnew opportunities for savings and process improvement. The Director isresponsible for developing strong and effective business partner relationshipswith senior leaders that lead to on-going strategic partnerships. The Director also oversees effective planningand implementation for multiple categories and management processes. The Director is responsible for developingthe leadership and coaching skills of the managers on their team and across thedepartment.
The3rd party and Licensing team is a sourcing organization within Gap Inc. thathandles strategy, sourcing and production management for the products withinGap Inc. that are bought from a third party, private label and/or licensingvendor. The team supports a variety of product categories from privatelabel shoes, to licensed apparel, to beauty/personal care and more. Ourteam provides end to end support -market intelligence, benchmarking support,negotiating contracts, sourcing & onboarding of new vendors, productdevelopment, cost negotiations, delivery tracking and complete production management.
ESSENTIALDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
What you'll do
- Provide high-levelguidance on sourcing strategies through strong technical/functional knowledge,in support of the business' long-range plans. Has deep understanding of keystrategic sourcing functions (supplier selection, marketing intelligence,business partner management, contract management, negotiations, SRM, etc.)
- Production and sourcingmanagement: materials knowledge, trade regulations, testingprotocol, product integrity, production cycle timeline, fabric and garmentconstruction, costing, SOT
- Develop and empowertalent:leads leaders of others - coaches and develops team on both technical and softskills; develops the coaching and leadership skills of managers of others
- Build and strengthenstrategic relationships: successfully partner across varied functions and levelswith senior internal stakeholders, external suppliers, agencies and colleaguesto drive results and influence change
- External Focus: maintain strongconnections with a wide network of peers and leaders across multipleorganizations and industry groups
- Strong analyticalmindset
- Define categoryperformance targets andlead team to achieve goals; hold vendors accountable to performance agreementsand implement course corrections and mitigation strategies as needed
- Leverage stronginfluencing skills todefine 3PL's role and align objectives and targets with stakeholders, includingsenior leadership
- Subject matter expert to the broader organizationin the development of plans for implementation and change management forprojects
- Act as a changeagent todrive GAP Inc. wide process, scale and leverage opportunities
- Talent Builder: Proven track record ofdeveloping long-term capabilities in others and across a global organization,having found enjoyment developing best-in-industry teams and sharing talentacross the organization.
- Strategic Orientation: significant experienceleveraging business acumen, market intelligence, and insight to drive broadstrategic impact across a business. Proven ability to assess and adapt todynamic business environment
- SourcingCapability: Significant experienceleading a team and driving long-term results through category strategies,levering in-depth market knowledge, collaboration and influencing at all levelsof a global organization.
- Personal Leadership: demonstrated executivepresence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration across a leadershipteam.
- Drive for Results: Demonstrated abilityto effectively navigate and lead others in an ambiguous environment to achievehigh levels of performance and deliver sustainable results to the organization.
- Change Leadership: experienceleading with and without authority to influence others and drivedecision-making
- Experience: 12 + years professional experience in production,sourcing, global supply chain, merchandising or management consulting.
- Experience in licensing a plus.
- Education: Advanced degree preferred
Back to top