Digital Technician - Photo Studio
- San Francisco, CA
About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world.Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyonehas access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman,regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. BananaRepublic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gapinspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly madeessentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong,and on our own terms-is core to who we are as acompany and how we make decisions.Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet.Ready tolearn fast, create with audacityand lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Gap Inc Photo Studio is responsible for creating and delivering all assets that support all e- commerce sites within the Gap, Inc. brand portfolio. The Digital Technician is a crucial function in order to deliver one of the key ingredients that make Gap Inc successful. This person is an extremely positive, bright, highly professional and communicative Computer, Color and Imaging Expert and as such is a key support person in this department. This position reports to the Manager, Photography Production & Technology.
What you'll do
- Collect, edit and process all digital images captured for OF photography.
- Support the photography process and ensure the imagery being created is accurate and error-free.
- Responsible for first line of support for all computers (desktop), network support (wired and wireless) and photography database at main On-Figure studio.
- Train and support Freelance Digital Technicians and assist in keeping the Digital Technician guide up to date.
- Effectively communicate business needs and issues to business partners.
- On set Quality Assurance and color analysis expert, ensuring the accuracy and consistency of the image capture process and that the assets are captured and stored in the correct manner to assure efficient workflow.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience - 3 Years Mac OS X/Unix experience, 3 years experience in Adobe Photoshop, Product Retouching and Color Correcting, 2 years experience in computer hardware support (PC and Macintosh)
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Product Retouching, Color Correcting and Digital Photography
- Experience in resolving computer hardware (PC and Macintosh) and basic networking issues; Mac OS X/Unix administration experience, including experience running commands from the command line
- Highly communicative, well organized team player who approaches challenges with a positive attitude; Excellent written and verbal skills and the ability to manage multiple deliverables concurrently
- Ability to solve workflow issues
- Must be able to lift over 50 lbs
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Back to top