Digital Technician, Photo Studio
- San Francisco, CA
About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path. From day one, we've been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we're family.
What you'll do
- Responsible for capturing anddelivering assets that primarily support the e-commerce site but has somecrossover into marketing photo shoots.
- Collect, edit and process digital images capturedfor on-figure photography, special laydown and marketing photography
- Ensure the accuracy and consistency of the imagecapture process
- Define and oversee the photography asset creation process
- Ensure that the assets are captured and stored in the correctmanner to assure efficient workflow
- Support the photography process and ensure the imagery beingcreated is accurate and error-free
- Responsible for identifying, formulating andimplementing technical & coding solutions
- Responsible for first line of support for allcomputers (desktop), network support (wired and wireless) and photographydatabase at main On-Figure studio
- Train and support freelance Digital Techniciansas needed and assist in keeping the Digital Technician guide up to date
- Effectively communicate business needs and issuesto business partners
- Apply color curvature andprocessing out RAW images.
- Metadata-tagging(including, but not limited to date shot, season, placements, usage, launchdates)
- Pre-production shot list andfolder partnership with Digital Asset Manager
- Hard drive recipient for shoot andbackups
- File export management for allchannels
- Reconciliation of unplanned shots
Upload,organize, and sort
- Highly organized, reliable, and self-motivated
- Thrive in high-volume, fast-paced team environment.
- Mac OS X/Unix administration experience, including experience running commands from the command line
- Experience in workflow automation
- Experience in resolving computer hardware, software, and network issues (PC and Mac)
- Proactive, outside-the-box thinker who can anticipate roadblocks and address them
- Proficient in Capture One, Photoshop and Bridge Applications
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible with a sense of humor
- 2-4 years hands-on experience
- Experience with AEM Assets (or similar DAM tools) Adobe Premier, Media Encoder
- Partners with Photography Mangers, Photographers, Art Director and Photo Producer on a daily basis to understand daily requirements and resolve issues from the day before. Partners with Account Manager, Sr. Digital Artist and technology partner weekly to communicate best practices, accomplishments the week prior, project status and to calendar future team needs. Reports to the Manager, Digital Production.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Back to top