GENERAL SUMMARY: The Gap Inc Photo Studio is responsible for creating and delivering all assets that support all e-commerce sites for Gap Inc. The Digital Technician is a crucial function in order to deliver one of the key ingredients that make Gap Inc successful. This person is an extremely positive, bright, highly professional and communicative Computer, Color and Imaging Expert and as such is a key support person in this department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- On- and off-set technical expert for the On-Figure photography workflow 60%
- Collect, edit and process all digital images captured for OF photography. To include On Figure, Special Laydown and Marketing Photography.
- Support the photography process and ensure the imagery being created is accurate and error-free.
- Responsible for identifying, formulating and implementing technical & coding solutions.
- Responsible for first line of support for all computers (desktop), network support (wired and wireless) and photography database at main On-Figure studio.
- Train and support Freelance Digital Technicians and assist in keeping the Digital Technician guide up to date.
- Effectively communicate business needs and issues to business partners.
- On set Quality Assurance and color analysis expert 30%
- Ensure the accuracy and consistency of the image capture process.
- Define and oversee the photography asset creation process. Ensure that the assets are captured and stored in the correct manner to assure efficient workflow.
- Retouch On-Figure assets 10%
Partners with Photography Mangers, Photographers, Art Director and On-Figure Photo Producer on a daily basis to understand daily requirements and resolve issues from the day before. Partners with Account Manager, Sr. Digital Artist, Sr. Digital Tech and technology partner weekly to communicate best practices, accomplishments the week prior, project status and to calendar future team needs. Reports to the Sr. Digital Technician.
- Mac OS X/Unix administration experience, including experience running commands from the command line
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Product Retouching, Color Correcting and Digital Photography
- Experience in resolving computer hardware issues (PC and Macintosh)
- Experience in troubleshooting networking issues
- Preferred experience in programming and server processes
- Highly communicative team player
- Extremely organized
- Bright, positive attitude
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to solve workflow issues
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables concurrently
- Experience in workflow automation
- Own resolution of issues with minimal guidance
- Ability to take initiative
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 3 Years Mac OS X/Unix experience
- 3 years experience in Adobe Photoshop, Product Retouching and Color Correcting
- 2 years experience in computer hardware support (PC and Macintosh)
- Must be able to lift over 50 lbs.
Back to top