Digital Production Artist
In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the first Gap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. They wanted to make it easier to find a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was a hit, and today we're the world's most iconic American brand.
We're represented in more than 1400 stores in over 40 countries, and online. Our unique aesthetic is optimistic cool, elevated American style. We believe in staying true to our heritage while creating what's next.
Don and Doris Fisher always wanted to "do more than sell clothes," and today we're leaders in employee volunteering and social impact.
If you're full of ideas, if you want to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the world better than we found it, we'd love to meet you.
This position will be responsible for the creation of print-ready final artwork and
mechanicals for marketing materials. Key requirements for this role include expert
knowledge of current design software, a strong working knowledge of various printing
platforms and prepress techniques, the ability to solve problems and communicate
effectively with business partners, as well as a strong sense of design to support
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Create ready to produce final artwork and mechanicals for creative elements.
• Maintain personal daily and weekly production schedule
• Actively participate in creative / production handoff meetings
• Maintain responsibility for projects from creative hand-off through final delivery
• Adhere to mechanical quality standards and proofing / sign-off procedures to
ensure error-free deliverables
• Participate in the review of internal and external proofs
• Maintain the integrity of the creative concept throughout the production
• Create mechanical mock-ups for proofing purposes
• Adhere to naming and back-up procedures to ensure proper archiving of digital
• Deliver final artwork to business partners and / or suppliers (via cd, ftp,
extranet, email, etc.)
• Continually manage, and work to improve, the quality of department
• Gather and record information from business partners and suppliers that
facilitates efficient studio workflow through Digital Production (ie. legal, print
• Uncompromising attention to detail and maintenance of the highest degree of
• Strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (CS6)
• Working knowledge of printing platforms (Lithography, Flexography, Screen
• Organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage time
• Design sensibility, coupled with the desire and skill to be strong creative
• Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to apply past learning to present situations
• Constant drive to gain additional knowledge to improve skill set
• Minimum 3-5 years experience and college degree
• Experience with creating layouts with multiple languages
• Pre Press / Printing experience is desirable
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top