Digital Operations Email Producer- Gap Online
In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the first Gap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. They wanted to make it easier to find a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was a hit, and today we're the world's most iconic American brand.
We're represented in more than 1400 stores in over 40 countries, and online. Our unique aesthetic is optimistic cool, elevated American style. We believe in staying true to our heritage while creating what's next.
Don and Doris Fisher always wanted to "do more than sell clothes," and today we're leaders in employee volunteering and social impact.
If you're full of ideas, if you want to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the world better than we found it, we'd love to meet you.
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Email Producer on the Digital Operations team assists in the scheduling and management of email marketing and content; the tracking and communication of marketing and product pipeline deliverables; and driving issue resolution and communication related to email tools and functionality. Responsible for the project management of special project email launches from ideation to execution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Business & Finances:
• Understand business goals and requirements for all email projects. Create detailed implementation schedules for each project and validate/communicate out with needed project resources.
• Coordinate project activities from various business partners including Merchandising, Marketing, Creative, Web Development, QA, and 3rd party email vendors, among others.
• Ensure project is launched on time and meets initial project requirements. Keep management notified of progress and/or deviation from project schedule (deliverables, milestone dates, resources, etc.).
• Drives the review and final sign-off of email content; documents feedback and manages any required changes.
• Assists in leading key meetings owned by Digital Operations. Records action items and communicates out to owners for follow-up and completion.
• Assists business partners to manage production of product content: copy, images and outfits.
• Leverages site product, content, and category management tools to update and push content to web site.
Customers & Markets:
• Responds quickly to change in scope or project schedule, communicating to management any impacts to the project and the overall email.
• Acts as first line of support for cross-functional teams when email issues occur.
Managing & Operating Practices:
• Owns the documentation, maintenance, and communication of the monthly/weekly site content delivery schedule; works with manager to ensure accuracy on an on-going basis.
• Assess processes and communication methods of delivery schedule, and identify improvement areas. Work with manager to implement change where needed.
Leadership & Employees:
• Proactively seeks out opportunities to learn more about brand business processes and systems. Uses knowledge to suggest new ideas and change to improve overall efficiency of processes.
• Partners regularly and creates teams with members of functional areas including Marketing, Central Email team, Planning, Merchandising, Design, Photo Studio, Creative Technology, Product Management, and IT.
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
• Understanding of email production and release processes, including direct experience with email tools and technologies.
• Highly detailed oriented, experience in managing project management and communication deliverables for multiple projects at any given time.
• Excellent oral/written communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Self-motivated and driven. Ability to work well independently and within a group setting.
• Agency experience a plus.
2) Minimum educational level:
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
3) Minimum experience:
• 3 years of detailed task planning and execution experience
• 2-3 years of related online experience with a strong preference for ecommerce
• Ideally has had management experience
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top