Digital Merchandiser, Women's Bottoms Online
Old Navy makes current American fashion essentials accessible to every family. From day one, Old Navy was a revolution. We were something the world had never seen - fabulous, affordable fashion. We didn't take ourselves too seriously, and we broke the industry's rules. We said fashion didn't have to be just for rich people - it could be for everyone. We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can shop for their must-have fashion essentials online as well as in one of our 1,000+ stores located globally.
When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path (and a pretty awesome one at that). We believe that style and quality should be accessible to everyone and we work hard to make that possible. Truth is, in fashion, it's easy to be exclusive. It takes a lot more creativity, guts and drive to be inclusive. What we believe in today is exactly what we believed in when we started: we're on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Sound good to you?
Old Navy – a brand for everyone, a place for you.
Job Summary: The Digital Merchandiser is responsible for the execution of a comprehensive seasonal framework that aligns product strategies with financial goals, ensuring that end to end sales, gross margin, and inventory strategies hit divisional and ONOL plans. Responsible for creating a compelling seasonal framework by division that aligns product strategies with financial goals. Accountable for the divisional site merchandising strategies, ensuring alignment with the product, financial and marketing goals.
- Develop and communicate the management of inventory that supports the merchandising, marketing and financial objectives of a category within Old Navy Online
- Accountable for the development and communication of category product strategies that align with financial goals for the season.
- Meet category sales, GM, and inventory goals.
- Accountable for monthly OTB forecast for a category, and identify financial risk and solutions to hit sales and inventory plans.
- Develop category pricing recommendations and strategies that align with the financials plans
- Develop seasonal hindsight and the strategic opportunities used to inform pre-line.
- Collaborate and influence cross-functional business partners to achieve category goals
- Identify areas of opportunity to make meaningful investment shifts supported by marketing and site execution.
- Develop a strategic product vision that delivers against assortment.
- Create a compelling product experience on the site, to include inspirational merchandise presentation, simple and intuitive category navigation and clear and accurate product details.
- Deliver on best in class product assortment architecture within area of responsibility.
- Deliver on the site experience vision (interplay across the entire division of sorts experiences, linking strategies, and how they inter-relate to overall marketing experience.
- Drive best in class experiences across both mobile and desktop supported by a deep knowledge of technical features and functionality with an understanding how the site functions (limitations and opportunities)
- Collaborate with business partners to prevent re-work, redundancies, and inefficiency
- Foster open communication and a team environment with all business partners
- Accountable for work commitments and outcomes
- Cultivate an environment of continuous learning with development opportunities and clear career-paths ensuring a strong and diverse talent pipeline
550 TERRY FRANCOIS BLVD.
Minimum Education level
- BA or BS Preferred
- 2-4 years' merchandising, retail buying, or equivalent experience
Knowledge, skills, & abilities
- Business Acumen/Drives Results; Displays curiosity and takes action to drive results, digging into the business to find opportunities for improvement. Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data.
- Customer Focus; Demonstrates knowledge of the target customer and of product trends
- Strategic Orientation; Understands immediate problems, analyzes data to draw impactful conclusions and actively supports strategies
- Learning Agility: Demonstrates growth mindset. Embraces opportunity to learn
- Talent Builder skills; owns self-development
- Collaboration and Communication; Strong verbal and written communication skills. Identify & proactively engage business partners when issues arise. Actively and positively participates in teams or collaborates for higher performance
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top