Digital Marketing Associate Internship
Gap Inc.Technology is looking for exceptional talent with fresh ideas, cutting-edgeskills, and a passion for technology. We're not your average IT shop, and thisisn't your average internship. In your 10 weeks with Gap Inc. (tentative startdate – June 11, 2018), you'll have a voice in the room, be pushed to takerisks, and play a critical role in innovative projects that are transformingretail technology. Ready to get started?
What's In It for You?
As a GapInc. Intern, you will get to meet our senior executives and leaders intechnology and digital. You will work on individual projects as well as achallenging group project that you will present to senior management at the endof the summer. You will learn that we work hard, but we play hard too. We inviteyou to participate in events, such as a San Francisco Giants game, bowlingnights, ping pong social clubs, happy hours, art galleries, interactivemuseums, and volunteering in the community.
Here's what you will do all summer!
The Digital Marketing Internwill be responsible for supporting the Social Media team in managing Gap Inc.'sNorth American digital advertising initiatives for social media channels,including web based and mobile platforms. This involves overseeing theday-to-day execution of paid social media programs, and working closely with anexternal agency & internal business partners to implement these initiativesto motivate customers to transact online and in store.
This is a great opportunityfor a qualified individual to make a measurable impact on the social mediaprograms for one of the largest specialty apparel retailers in the world. Thisjob will be based at our San Francisco headquarters.
- Responsible forday-to-day execution of social media programs for all Gap Inc. brands
- Managerelationship with an external agency on day-to-day operations for social mediamarketing programs to continually improve upon the return on investment of eachconsecutive initiative.
- Work closelywith external agency & internal business partners on managing daily relationshipto ensure efficient execution of program and efficient workflows
- Develop detailedcampaign briefs to communicate objectives & goals and align on campaigndeliverables
- Assist in weekly& monthly reporting including development and sharing of metrics and keyperformance highlights
- Partner withtechnology and product management groups as necessary to run media campaignssuccessfully
- Stay up to dateon cutting edge best practices within digital marketing, specifically thesocial media industry including creative execution, messaging strategies, andmedia buying including competitor landscape
Here's what you need to get the work done
- Undergraduate or graduate student with one year or less left to graduate in Marketing, Business or related degree with a GPA of 3.0 or above
- Strong understanding of digital marketing space, specifically in social & display media
- Strong communication skills, both within and outside the organization
- Understanding of the interplay between online/social and traditional channels
- Organized individual with great attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- A passion for the Internet & digital marketing
- Ability to deal with change with a passion for innovation and creative problem solving
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and business intelligence tools
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top