Digital Investigations Specialist, Gap Inc.
Overview We are seeking an Investigations Specialist to join our growing Digital Loss Prevention team at Gap Inc. In this role, you will investigate loss in three primary areas: Margin, Shrink, and Fraud. You will review suspicious in-store purchases to recover company assets and prevent fraud. You'll collaborate with law enforcement partners to build and resolve external fraud/loss cases, and you'll educate and train Store LP teams on identifying and preventing fraudulent activity at the POS. To accomplish our goal of reducing loss, you will utilize various reporting tools to identify and resolve loss issues in the e-commerce and omni-channel space. You will build and share training materials for our Field Loss Prevention teams to assist in preventing fraud in our stores. You will also have responsibility for all related reporting and record keeping associated with these responsibilities. Are you passionate about joining a dynamic team in a growing area of retail? Are you someone who enjoys partnering with business leaders to effect change? Are you comfortable working with a collaborative team that is committed to getting results? If so, we would love to hear from you! Competencies Learning Agility Customer Impact Drives Results Collaboration and Influencing
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Knowledge of Loss Prevention and/or security procedures preferred
- Strong analytical ability and attention to detail
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated; able to multi-task and work in a dynamic environment with little supervision
- Presents a professional demeanor and appearance at all times
- Preparing computer reports on Windows, Microsoft Office and Microsoft Access
- Strong problem solving and decision-making and interpersonal skills
- High professional standards regarding customer service and confidentiality.
- Experience conducting and resolving investigations.
Minimum educational level:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred
- 3 years of Retail Loss Prevention, investigative, or analytics experience preferred
- Ability to work nights and weekends appropriate to retail business needs.
- Ability to travel to stores, distribution & fulfilment centers and maneuver around sales floors, stock rooms, facilities and offices.
- Can work for periods of time at a desk on a computer
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, employment/non-employment status or disability status.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top