Since the beginning, we've been inspired by everything women and girls are capable of, whether they're serious athletes or just getting into fitness. We create versatile premium performance apparel designed for a life in motion. Challenge fuels us and we are always reaching for the amazing.
We're looking for people who find inspiration in the same things we do: the limitless potential of women and girls everywhere. If you share our passion for a healthy, active lifestyle, personal growth, innovative product and creating rewarding experiences - join our community. Athleta is a certified B Corp - put simply we put people and planet right up there with profit and we're committed to using business as a force for good.
Alone we are strong, united we thrive. Together, we create the Power of She.
The digital designer director contributes to the creative efforts for print and digital with emphasis on Athleta GIRL. Concepting the seasons and executing the overall look and feel of the Athleta GIRL brand, he/she collaborates with the marketing team as well as with creative leads for all brand channels to bring the Athleta GIRL visuals to life.
- Establishing pre-season concept, design and photo direction, in collaboration and to support strategic marketing
objectives of the Athleta GIRL brand. This includes digital /graphic design, print design and photo direction partnership throughout all phases of visual creative development of the GIRL initiatives.
- Strategic creative advance planning of design concepts, in partnership with creative leads in catalog, digital and retail
- Timely presentation of ideas to key partners in other company teams
- Develop creative programs and design concepts that meet the business objectives of the organization and advance our brand strategy
- Manage multiple projects from concept through completion
- Direct and oversee deliverables in producing all stages of layout development to final release of assets for all channels
- Review comprehensive seasonal designs prior to review by senior leadership team, ensuring that outstanding issues/questions have been pro-actively addressed
- Set, approve and lead all studio and some location photography for all channels
- Help to concept, co-create and shoot print assets and video needs for various GIRL initiatives
- Assist in development and adherence to photography production and partner on overall marketing creative budgets
- Collaborate with Creative Director, editorial team, production team, social media team, and senior management for effective creative that meets defined brand standard
- Ensure GIRL deliverables are on time
- Practice effective, daily communication with teams, making sure team members are aware of production deadlines and needs
- Provide quality control over concepts and projects
- Collaborate with other department leads to develop creative materials for all outbound correspondence and other materials in a manner consistent with Athleta GIRL brand and design standards
- Keeps abreast of industry trends and competitive landscape
- Assist Women's visual and design needs when not working on GIRL projects
- Strong creative background; 5+ years of graphic design, digital and art direction experience
- Appreciation of and interest in the Athleta brand and the athletic spirit
- Design for a youth driven market
- Enthusiasm for and proven experience in apparel marketing
- Ability to manage & motivate teams to hit deadlines
- Software expertise in InDesign and Adobe CS5 as well as editing software
- Ability to conceptualize and storyboard ideas
- Team player: Flexibility and ability to wear multiple "hats" when necessary
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Strong aptitude in anticipating and following production processes and time-lines
- Ability to handle several projects simultaneously
- Must work well in a deadline driven environment
- Digital design understanding and ability to design to improve our customers digital journey
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top