We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we're always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here - because we know that individually we're strong, but together we're unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we're committed to using business as a force for good.
About the role
We are looking for a highly creative, curious, and motivated digital designer to join the Athleta marketing team. This designer will work in a fast-paced environment and collaborate with creative team leaders, other designers, copywriters, producers, and marketing managers. This role is responsible for designing for digital media and includes: marketing and transactional emails, paid social media layouts for Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and other templates, and digital advertising layouts. To be considered, your portfolio must reflect this kind of work.
What you'll do
- Design daily, seasonal and triggered emails while maintaining the brand's aesthetic.
- Create designs for paid social, templates for Instagram stories, graphics for social profiles, and display advertising.
- Elevate and bring the design aesthetic to the next level, within brand guidelines.
- Create seasonal design templates that keep our content fresh.
- Create multiple design concepts for review.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to meet business goals and ensure designs implemented align with company's weekly initiatives.
- Present your work to your team and business partners.
- Stay current on competitive landscape, including email marketing and social campaigns.
- Color correct or alter photo files in Photoshop as needed.
- Optimize, slice, prepare and deliver final files.
- You have a point-of-view, you share your ideas, and can articulate your designs during presentations of your work.
- You are collaborative. You partner closely with members of creative (including the copy team), marketing and key stakeholders. You are not afraid to speak up in meetings to ask questions and share ideas.
- You are passionate about Athleta product, and can create designs based on brand strategy, showing how key messages come to life across categories, in your layouts. (i.e. - outfitting, new arrivals, customer favorites --in categories such as yoga, train, travel, etc.)
- A self-starter and proactive. Identify creative opportunities in existing creative, and design and develop solutions quickly.
- You are open-minded, you're curious and you're motivated to explore and grow in your design work.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Someone who welcomes feedback from all stakeholders and will implement it.
- Ability to multitask and manage several projects at a time.
- Exceptional critical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Demonstrate an ownership mindset. Accountable for your projects, and your functional area as a whole.
- You live the brand through an active lifestyle and enjoy the outdoors.
- You're interested in apparel and fashion.
- At least 3 years experience in digital design and retail. Apparel background is preferred.
- BA or BFA in Graphic Design or Marketing, or equivalent experience.
- Ability to create gif animations and motion graphics in Photoshop, After Effects and Premiere.
- Fluency in Adobe Suite- Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat, InDesign.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Have a clean, modern aesthetic with an eye for detail.
- Familiarity with current online practices and functionality.
nice to have
- Familiary with HTML, Sketch, Principle, InVision, Canva and Microsoft Teams.
- Experience editing and outputting video.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
For eligible employees
Back to top