Digital Content Strategist, Global Gap Online
In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the first Gap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. They wanted to make it easier to find a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was a hit, and today we're the world's most iconic American brand.
We're represented in more than 1400 stores in over 40 countries, and online. Our unique aesthetic is optimistic cool, elevated American style. We believe in staying true to our heritage while creating what's next.
Don and Doris Fisher always wanted to "do more than sell clothes," and today we're leaders in employee volunteering and social impact.
If you're full of ideas, if you want to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the world better than we found it, we'd love to meet you.
The purpose of this role is to develop and refine the Gap brand digital content creation strategy and program planning for Gap Global Online. This includes clarifying the creative briefing process, project managing final delivery of files and partnering with asset managers. This role works closely with functional leads to gather information, troubleshoot issues and provide solution oriented ideas to create efficiencies and streamline communication.
Your primary responsibility is to provide clear communication between the creative teams and the marketing, production, and merchandising teams in order to ensure all expectations are exceeded and projects are delivered both on time and at a consistent elevated creative level.
Acting as a liason for our bi-coastal creative teams, this role fosters collaborative brainstorming and working sessions to ensure both creative teams are working together towards an omni-channel experience for the Gap Brand.
By managing the Gap Online creative team's workload and acting as gatekeeper for in-season briefings you will ensure that the designers have a clear understanding of their briefs and track the progress of each project by creating and updating status reports, managing project management tools and partnering closely with digital operations to ensure creative objectives in these tools are useful and effective for the design team. This involves collecting weekly project files from designers and assembling and archiving presentations for Leadership and Global Business partners to validate and leverage.
Post seasonal asset creation you will be responsible for managing the photoshoot post-production process with usage rights, digital asset tagging, selects management, creating contact sheets, as well as storing, retouching and delivery of assets.
In addition to your daily responsibilities, this role will explore new opportunities to create efficiencies in communication and distribution of information by resourcing, developing and troubleshooting project tracking tools to manage business partners' workload and to easily assess + track status of on-going projects for site, email + promos.
DESIRED SKILLS + EXPERIENCE
• 5 - 7 years of project management experience in a high-volume environment
• Highly organized + proactive
• Extreme attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to prioritize and work well in an environment with competing demands
• Ability to identify workflow opportunities and proactively purpose solutions
• Ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization
• Self starter who is positive and able to lead and influence
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
• Prior retail or agency experience preferred.
Technically proficient in Mac + PC operating systems and server platforms
Advanced level knowledge of Keynote, Microsoft Excel, Word, FileMarker Pro, Google Docs, Box, Outlook, Project Management Tools (Workfront, Asana, Basecamp etc), Project Track Tools (ie, Smart Sheet), + DAM solutions (WebDam, AEM)
Intermediate-level knowledge: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Bridge, Capture One,
Minimum Education Level:
BA Preferred or equivalent experience
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top