- Pleasanton, CA
About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world.Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyonehas access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman,regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. BananaRepublic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gapinspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly madeessentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong,and on our own terms-is core to who we are as acompany and how we make decisions.Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet.Ready tolearn fast, create with audacityand lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Cloud Service Discovery team is driving an exciting transformation of the way software is developed, deployed, and consumed globally at GapTech, using principles of Cloud Native, DevOps, and Continuous Delivery.
The Cloud Engineer - Service Discovery will evaluate, build, and operate bleeding edge service gateway, catalog, and discovery capabilities that positively disrupt/optimize GapTech's software development and delivery lifecycle. The engineer will also help, guide, and engage with Engineering teams producing APIs which require OIDC. This is a hands-on design, systems, and development role.
What you'll do
- Implement and support new and existing platform solutions for service development and consumption, including:
- Globally available API Gateways
- Globally aware Service Discovery
- Internal and external Service Catalogs
- Develop and deliver products iteratively and resolve development, operationalization, and consumption roadblocks in a product DevOps model
- Participates in Proof of Concepts (POC) and Proof of Value (POV) efforts as well as engaging the adoption of new technologies.
- Keep current with the latest industry trends and technology. Identify and leverage new technologies and methodologies
- Handle complex integrations and work comfortably across different levels of the stack
- MS/BS Degree in CS or related field with 5+ years of experience.
- 3 + years working in an Enterprise Linux environment, and excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Hands-on experience with at least one auth and identity protocols such as OAuth 2.0, OIDC, or SAML.
- Experience in architecting and building Kubernetes clusters
- Microservices and REST API development using languages like (Java, Python preferred)
- Prior experience with cloud-based architecture and deployment using a cloud provider likes Azure, AWS, or GCP.
- Prior Experience with NoSQL DBs like Cassandra or Hadoop.
- Configuration Management using tools like Chef
- API Gateways (Apigee, Mashery, Zuul, etc.)
- Large scale infrastructure deployments and support, and experience with logging and reporting systems (Splunk, Newrelic..etc)
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Back to top