Designer - Trims
About the role
What you'll do
- Responsible for creating trim designs by establishing a core hardware language and design seasonal updates through strong concept development
- Responsible for creating the story around new trim palettes and curate POV
- Responsible for researching markets, trade shows, shop, competitive analysis research and presentation
- Provides recommendations regarding seasonal themes, edits to line, new concepts, etc.
- Provides direction on how trims connect directly to apparel and accessories and provide functional beauty
- Ensures that product is consistent with market trends as well as business strategy.
- Responsible for Tech Pack creation.
- Works with technical designer and pre-production partner to ensure design packages are complete and accurate.
- Forges effective partnerships with development, R&D and vendors
- Demonstrates constant exploration/innovation curiosity - need to co-create onsite/vendors
- College degree in Fashion Design or a related field.
- 4 - 6 years design experience.
- Strong computer knowledge including Adobe Illustrator and Microsoft Excel.
- Strong CAD skills
- Strong design and conceptual skills.
- Strong Understanding of materials and finishes, soft goods and hardware
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Understanding of merchandising as it relates to sales and store environment.
Back to top