INTERMIX is your destination for the most sought-after styles from an edited selection of coveted designers. We're known for mixing on-trend pieces in unexpected ways while delivering a unique point of view and personal approach to shopping and styling.
We're always looking for talented, creative individuals with a passion for retail for our boutiques and corporate office.
Are you ready to be a part of something transformative?
As a Designer, you will join the Design and Product Development team. You will collaborate with the Design Director and Design Team and work within the product development time and action calendar to develop, design, and execute private label merchandise for the Intermix Brand direct and retail channels. The Designer is responsible for managing the design process from conception through to final styling for assigned product category. In addition, this person is responsible for product design process to include market research, conceptual presentations, design and guidance through fabric, print, spec and fit processes.
- Research market for relevant trend, color, print, trim and fabric
- Develop key trends and seasonal theme direction for silhouette and fabric appropriate to the woven and cut-and-sew classification and for the Intermix brand for collaboration with the Buying Team.
- Prepare sketches for product line selection and work with Associate Designer to generate technical line drawings for use in technical packages
- Follow development calendar closely to ensure all deadlines are met
- Manage the design process from conception through to final styling for assigned product category.
- Responsible for product design process to include market research, conceptual presentations, design and guidance through fabric, print, spec and fit processes.
- Responsible for researching markets in order to identify new trends, fabrics, techniques, etc.
- Actively participates in the conceptual development of product lines (i.e., sells ideas/concepts and convinces others to adopt a course of action).
- Provides recommendations regarding seasonal themes, edits to line, new concepts, etc.
- Provides insight regarding style and fit of product during presentation.
- Ensures that product is consistent with market trends as well as business strategy.
- Provides direction for colorways on stripes, plaids and prints.
- Responsible for fabric and trim selection.
- Works with technical designer and pre-production partner to ensure design packages are complete and accurate.
- Partner with Buying to assort line and develop product appropriate for business needs.
- Create and update Design Boards
- Present work during quarterly presentations to the Buying Team
- College Degree - BS/BA in Apparel/Fashion Design & 2+ years' experience
- Wovens experience a must, soft wovens a plus
- College degree in Fashion Design or a related field.
- 4 - 6 years design experience.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, and other CAD software, as well as Microsoft Excel
- Ability to hand sketch.
- Strong design and conceptual skills.
- Strong understanding of color, print & design
- Thorough knowledge of silhouettes, fabrication, color use, sewing techniques, graphics and trim.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a cross functional team environment
- Understanding of merchandising as it relates to sales and store environment.
- Fashion influencer - ability to interpret trend appropriate for the Intermix customer
- Portfolio a must
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top