Designer, Adult Accessories, Hardlines, Gap Brand
In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the first Gap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. They wanted to make it easier to find a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was a hit, and it grew to become one of the world's most iconic brands.
Today we're represented in more than 1400 stores in over 40 countries, and online. We have headquarters in New York, London, Shanghai, Tokyo, and, of course, San Francisco.
Our unique aesthetic is optimistic cool, elevated American style. Our clothes are crafted with care, with focused attention to thoughtful design.We believe in staying true to our heritage while creating what's next.
Don and Doris Fisher always wanted to "do more than sell clothes." They wanted to support the people who ran their company, to be active in their communities, and to have a positive impact on the world. Their vision helped transform retail, and we're still following their lead.
We stand for freedom and possibility for all; we champion diverse ideas that transcend generations, geographies and genders.
So if you have ideas, if you're talented, if you want to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the world a little better than we found it, we'd love to meet you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing the design process from conception through to final styling for assigned product category.
- Responsible for product design process to include market research, conceptual presentations, design and guidance through fabric, print, spec and fit processes.
- Responsible for researching markets in order to identify new trends, fabrics, techniques, etc.
- Actively participates in the conceptual development of product lines (i.e., sells ideas/concepts and convinces others to adopt a course of action).
- Provides recommendations regarding seasonal themes, edits to line, new concepts, etc.
- Provides insight regarding style and fit of product during presentation.
- Ensures that product is consistent with market trends as well as business strategy.
- Provides direction for colorways on stripes, plaids and prints.
- Responsible for fabric and trim selection.
- Works with technical designer and pre-production partner to ensure design packages are complete and accurate.
- Partner with merchandising to assort line and develop product appropriate for business needs.
- Seasonal travel for research and/or product development is required.
55 THOMAS STREET
- College degree in Fashion Design or a related field.
- 4 - 6 years design experience.
- Strong computer knowledge including Adobe Illustrator and Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to hand sketch.
- Strong design and conceptual skills.
- Strong sense of style and color.
- Thorough knowledge of silhouettes, fabrication, color use, sewing techniques, graphics and trim.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Understanding of merchandising as it relates to sales and store environment.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top