Design Operations Analyst - Banana Republic / Banana Republic Factory Stores
As a global specialty retailer, Banana Republic is focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics. Our customers seek to make the most of every moment. How we do it is just as important as what we do. We value people who are confident, optimistic and curious, because we believe in unleashing creativity and greatness every day.
Who We Are: Banana Republic is a global apparel and accessories vertical specialty retail organization focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics designed for today with style that endures. We outfit those who see every day as full of opportunity and seek to make the most of every moment. At Banana Republic, we believe in seeing life a little differently, taking it all in, adding to it and making it your own. We live with style.
What We Do: The Design Operations Analyst assists with and provides assessment and analysis to provide data for decision making, identify opportunities for improvement, and communicate key information to the organization. The Analyst partners successfully with internal and external partners across varying levels, from peers to executives. This position participates in, and occasionally acts as the leader of, project teams that work on a diverse scope of complex problems and initiatives.
- Build and maintain scalability in costing & sourcing data analytics to understand global business and create visibility to enable decision making.
- Liaison with IT and Supply Chain to understand and build reporting
- Lead Global Sourcing team analytics needs according to LRP and Brand goals
- Lead Global Sourcing seasonal and weekly reporting including but not limited to weekly business updates, commodities, milestone deliverables, and Sourcing Hindsight reporting
- Build and support Global AUC targeting and reporting needs;
- Assist in exclusives and 500 unit buy management for international markets
- Lead fabric analytics to support Fabric Strategy
- Work with Supply-chain team to understand market conditions and provide pertinent information to brand for seasonal budgeting and decision-making
- Builds relationships and effectively partners across varied functions with internal stakeholders, external suppliers, agencies and colleagues to influence change
- Proactively identifies and recommends areas of opportunity and partners with leaders to implement them
- Provides input and support for continuous improvement programs within the department
- Leverages industry associations, peers and stakeholders to identify best practices for project area
- Supports the development, evaluation, and presentation of business case and cost/benefit analysis to stakeholders
- Communicates proactively with stakeholders
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in management consulting, strategic sourcing, or supply chain
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, supply chain management, or related discipline
- Financial modeling and analytics experience
- Project management experience a plus
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Ability to interpret and utilize key financial data; can tell a story with data
- Ability to learn and become subject matter expert quickly
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills with the ability to quickly adapt to change
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and written skills
- Ability to interact with senior leaders and demonstrate a professional presence
- Demonstrated ability to effectively handle issues and challenging situations
- Highly motivated; demonstrates a "can-do" approach in being proactive with work assignments
- Experience in a dynamic organization with experience and exposure to sourcing strategies
- Limited travel
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Production Manager, Gap Factory
As Production Manager, Tamika sources all sorts of fabrics and clothing materials in order to help bring the Design and Merchandising Team’s vision to life for Gap Factory.
Back to top