Design Manager, Jewelry - Banana Republic
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for managing the design process from conception through to final styling for assigned product categories.
- Responsible for product design process to include market research, conceptual presentations, design and guidance through fabric, print, spec and fit processes.
- Responsible for researching markets in order to identify new trends, fabrics, techniques, etc.
- Actively participates in the conceptual development of product lines
- Provides recommendations regarding seasonal themes, edits to line, new concepts, etc.
- Provides insight at during presentation.
- Ensures that product is consistent with market trends as well as business strategy.
- Provides direction for color and print to CAD department.
- Responsible for fabric and trim selection.
- Works with production partner to ensure design packages are complete and accurate.
- Partner with merchandising to assort line and develop product appropriate for business needs.
- Seasonal travel for research and/or product development may be required.
55 THOMAS STREET
- College degree in Fashion Design or a related field preferred.
- 4 + years design experience required.
- Strong computer knowledge including Adobe Illustrator, photoshop and Microsoft Excel.
- Strong hand sketch ability.
- Very strong design and conceptual skills.
- Great sense of style and color.
- Thorough knowledge of silhouettes, fabrication, color use, sewing techniques, graphics and trim.
- Very strong communication and organizational skills.
- Understanding of merchandising as it relates to sales and store environment.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top