Design Manager, Jewelry - Banana Republic
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for managing the design process from conception through to final styling for assigned product categories.
- Responsible for product design process to include market research, conceptual presentations, design and guidance through fabric, print, spec and fit processes.
- Responsible for researching markets in order to identify new trends, fabrics, techniques, etc.
- Actively participates in the conceptual development of product lines
- Provides recommendations regarding seasonal themes, edits to line, new concepts, etc.
- Provides insight at during presentation.
- Ensures that product is consistent with market trends as well as business strategy.
- Provides direction for color and print to CAD department.
- Responsible for fabric and trim selection.
- Works with production partner to ensure design packages are complete and accurate.
- Partner with merchandising to assort line and develop product appropriate for business needs.
- Seasonal travel for research and/or product development may be required.
55 THOMAS STREET
- College degree in Fashion Design or a related field preferred.
- 4 + years design experience required.
- Strong computer knowledge including Adobe Illustrator, photoshop and Microsoft Excel.
- Strong hand sketch ability.
- Very strong design and conceptual skills.
- Great sense of style and color.
- Thorough knowledge of silhouettes, fabrication, color use, sewing techniques, graphics and trim.
- Very strong communication and organizational skills.
- Understanding of merchandising as it relates to sales and store environment.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top