Design Director, Concept
What you'll do
- Sets overall direction in the conceptual development of product lines.
seeks out Global Innovation.
- Fully responsible for managing staff in all aspects of entire product design process to include market research, mood board creation, designing, sketching, specing and fit.
- Selects, trains, motivates and evaluates staff.
- Responsible for managing and providing creative direction to design staff.
- In conjunction with Product Development management, responsible for visualizing and determining strategic direction of business; accountable for process improvement, growing business and seeking opportunities to positively affect division/company.
- Fully responsible for ensuring that product is consistent with market trends as well as business strategy; interprets international/domestic concepts and fashion trends as it relates to market demands, company image and business strategy.
- Oversees selection of fabric and trim.
- Fully responsible for identifying and executing opportunities for process improvement through immediate staff members.
- Provides overall recommendations and sets tone regarding style and fit of product(s) during presentation.
- Ensures consistency of look between differing businesses (e.g., adult/kid, accessory/apparel)
Who you are
- Customer Impact
- Strategic Orientation
- Drives Results
- Minimum of ten years design experience (preferably apparel).
- Four years of managerial experience.
- College degree in Fashion Design or a related field
- Exceptional skills in overall seasonal direction setting, including Mood, Color, Trend Big Ideas, Key Items as well as Print & Graphic direction.
- Experience in analytical brand positioning work which includes design filters and customer profiling
- Strong leadership experience; leading both direct team as well as process and milestone delivery with wider teams and cross functional partners.
- Highly creative and has a strong business growth mindset.
- Excellent leadership/management skills with the ability to deal with managerial issues (i.e. career development, performance management, etc.)
- Ability to set overall creative tone and lead creative design process.
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills.
- Frequent travel is required.
Back to top