Database Admin/Financial Forecasting Senior Analyst
Do you have a technical background with an interest in learning more about finance or looking to get back into the finance business? Then this position may be just right for you!
We are looking for someone whose primary responsiblity will handle systems and technical support issues for the Corporate Shared Services Center (CSSC) Forecasting team, with a little dabbling into forecasting and budgeting. The CSSC Forecasting team is a face paced continuously evolving team responsible for providing monthly forecasts and annual budgets to all Gap Inc. brands for Rent, Occupancy, Depreciation, Other Store Expenses and also the forecast and budget for the actual CSSC. We support both domestic and international business partners. This role will help continue to drive business forward, process improve, and offer new and creative ideas.
- This is a cross-functional role that will work not only the CSSC Forecasting team but several other groups across the company – Real Estate Finance, Lease Accounting, Brand Finance to name a few.
- 70% of this role will be responsible for –
- Creating user friendly SQL databases and providing ongoing training and support
- Facilitating communications with GES
- Managing all open tickets
- 30% of this role will be providing a monthly forecast and an annual budget to one of the Gap Inc. brands
- Learning how to use the current database from an operational perspective
- Understanding the different types of actions that can occur and from an accounting perspective how they will impact the P&L
- Explaining these P&L impacts to upper management
- This role will require the ability and desire to learn new things and really understand the WHY not just the HOW
- Coordinate with team on what databases need to be built and/or improved
- Offer suggestions and creative solutions on how to best build each database
- Provide ongoing technical support and training
- Develop relationship with GES for best practices
- Work with a sense of urgency
- Develop an understanding of store actions, amendments, rent, occupancy and depreciation and how each item impacts the forecast and the P&L
- Put together a monthly forecast and an annual budget
- Lead the monthly forecast meetings and budget meeting to discuss the changes that have occurred and how they impact the P&L
- Ability to speak to business partners about accounting changes and impacts
4400 MASTHEAD ST.
- Advanced Excel, Access, SQL skills a must
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance preferred or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of the following a plus –
o Oracle Financial Systems
o OBIEE and OBIA Experience
- 3 years Finance or Accounting Experience highly preferred
- Experience in forecasting/budgeting preferred
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships through all levels of the organization
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top