Data Warehousing Engineer
- Hyderabad, India
About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands - Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta - have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we're more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it's why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It's why we're committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Gap Inc. is changing the future of retail and reimagining how people shop and engage with our brands. Our obsession with delighting customers and our commitment to deliver fully on those experiences is what sets us apart.
We are diversifying our teams and our talent globally, and expanding our talent reach by opening a technology hub in India.
Growing over time, this center will become critical in enabling technology that powers Gap Inc. business globally'.
HIGH LEVEL SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
We are looking for excellent data engineer to join our growing team of data platform. In this role, you will help us in developing, maintaining and supporting data platform capabilities
Consider joining our team and growing your career with us. We are hiring technology enthusiasts who share our passion for efficient delivery, want to solve real business problems and quickly learn and implement new technologies.
Who you are
- Design and Build the capabilities/utilities for data platform using industry best practices.
- Analyze and solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
- Continually improve ongoing utilities/capabilities of platform, automating or simplifying self-service support for users.
- Provides input and recommendations on technical issues to improve the data platform capabilities.
- Mentoring team members for the best practices on the data engineering space
- Work collaboratively with other team members to foster an environment of respect, open communication and cross functional expertise.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field with 4-8 years relevant experience.
- Programming experience in building high quality applications, data pipelines and analytics solutions and data products using Python, Spark.
- Hands-on experience in writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large data sets.
- Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and Data warehousing.
- Experience working on Confluent Kafka or equivalent platform.
- Knowledgeable on Github and Jenkins/equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new programming languages and tools.
- Demonstrate problem solving, analytical abilities and self-motivation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work in a team environment
Experience in ETL tools like ADF, Talend etc.
Experience with Oracle/MSSQL or equivalent DBMS.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- One of the most competitive paid time off plans in the industry
- Merchandise discount for our brand products at franchise stores and their websites
- Comprehensive health coverage for employees, same-sex partners and their families
- Health and wellness program: free annual health check-ups, fitness center and Employee Assistance Program
- Comprehensive benefits to support the journey of parenthood
- Retirement planning assistance
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Back to top