Customer Service Manager
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love tomake a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
The Manager of Customer Service is responsible for leading a team of Customer Service Supervisors to provide exceptional customer service. The Manager role requires the delivery of results through creative problem solving, effective decision quality, cross site and cross department collaboration, a strong customer focus, organized planning, and the development of leaders who are engaged in the company's success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide management of the daily operations of the Customer Contact Center function.
- Meet or exceed Contact Center goals for key performance indicators including, but not limited to, service level objectives, quality ratings, financial performance, attrition/retention, AHT.
- Work collaboratively across departments and locations to support the business.
- Demonstrate technical and functional knowledge of contact center procedures and applications.
- Develop, coach and motivate Customer Service Supervisors.
- Partner with Operations, and Human Resources on staffing, scheduling, and employee issues.
- Demonstrate positive change management leadership; supporting staff through initiatives and updates to our business processes in a rapidly changing environment.
- Assist with incentives and employee events to maintain staff morale.
- Other projects as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proven ability to motivate, develop and lead employees.
- Strong collaboration skills; including the ability to work closely with internal partners across multiple business functions
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent decision making and analytical skills.
- Effective organizational skills; proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong working knowledge of call center operations.
- Integrity and trustworthiness.
- PC skills: Microsoft Office-PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access or other software/database skills.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years of customer service experience.
- 3-5 years supervisory or management experience.
- Previous eCommerce experience strongly preferred.
Physical & Schedule Requirements:
- Ability to flex work schedule to meet business and travel needs, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top