Customer Service Lead, Weddington Way
Based in San Francisco, CA, Weddington Way offers millennials a new way to shop for weddings, featuring an exclusive collection of fresh + modern bridesmaid dresses. Weddington Way designs and manufactures their own dresses - meaning no middle-men, no markups, and styles crafted with detail and intention that you can't find anywhere else. Weddington Way pioneered a community-centric shopping experience that lets friends shop together online in a virtual showroom. With its technology-first approach, Weddington Way is a breath of fresh air in the wedding planning process.
In 2016, Weddington Way was acquired by Gap Inc. and continues to run as an autonomous brand under the leadership of founder Ilana Stern, who reports to Sebastian DiGrande, executive vice president, strategy and chief customer officer for Gap Inc.
For more information, please visit http://www.weddingtonway.com
Weddington Way's team + culture:
Our employees are our most valuable asset. We respect and listen to each other. We prioritize celebration and community. We believe in work/life balance, but we like when you bring your life to work. Seriously, we love meeting your dogs, cats, babies, husbands, girlfriends, moms, etc.
Our team is made up of dynamic, intelligent, best in class individuals. Our employees come from a variety of backgrounds and industries, and bring with them a unique perspective, which we are excited to listen to. We believe that our brand is only as good as the people behind it, and that we are stronger as team than as individuals. We believe in collaboration. We are equal parts hard work and heart.
What we are looking for in our Customer Service Lead:
We are looking for a leader who is excited to help define Weddington Way's customer experience through elevating every touchpoint our customer service team has with our customers. This leader will own talent acquisition and retention for our Philippines-based CS team – attracting, developing and retaining the best talent will be a key success in our ability to create one seamless, personal and delightful experience for our customers with our brand across multiple channels. Our CS Lead will regularly leverage their project management expertise to develop and drive our customer service strategy as well as ensure smooth ongoing day-to-day operations. Our CS Lead will be the liaison to ensure excellent communication between the HQ team in SF and our remote CS team, which will power a consistent brand experience for our customers no matter the touchpoint with Weddington Way and the ability for us as a team to share learnings and test and iterate against opportunities we identify to drive growth and customer happiness. This leader will be highly performance and results-oriented and will be responsible for budgeting, planning, tracking execution against plan and more. Every leader in the company operates with the customer in mind first – we start with the customer and work backwards in everything we do. This role will report directly to the Head of Operations and Product.
- Own the Weddington Way customer experience as it relates to any touchpoint with our customer service team (net promoter score will be a key metric)
- Oversee all talent acquisition, development and retention for the CS team and define team structure to support customer objectives and ensure a happy team
- Understand how Weddington Way works and how your team contributes to the success of Weddington Way's business goals
- Ensure that incentives, culture building activities and recognition programs for the CS team are aligned with Weddington Way values and strategic business goals
- Heavy cross functional leadership - key liaison between SF HQ and CS team to ensure values, vision, goals, learning, opportunities, etc. are communicated clearly across teams and acted upon
- Proactively discover process gaps and risks, then work closely with your teams (and other teams in SF) to develop solutions for efficient, effective, low risk operations
- Evaluate and make platform/infrastructure decisions to support the customer service team in achieving customer objectives and operational efficiency
- Build and maintain reports, dashboards, and metrics to monitor key performance indicators for your teams. Proactively communicate progress, roadblocks and gaps to the Head of Operations.
- Drive team meetings and offsites for the CS team
- Act as the project manager over all day-to-day running/operations of the CS team in an ongoing way
- Responsible for budgeting, planning, tracking and reporting performance against plan for the CS team (this leader is very results and performance oriented)
- Dynamic business management - identify sales growth and customer happiness opportunities as well as liabilities that need to be managed and regularly test and iterate on strategy accordingly
- Build new teams as new operations tasks are required - recruit leadership, build new processes, goals and metrics
Capabilities and Mindset:
- Customer obsession – customer first thinking
- Excellent judgement and ability to solve complex and diverse business problems (commercial, operational, organizational)
- Ownership – you never say "that's not my job" and anything on your plate will get done
- Prioritization – keen ability to prioritize in a rapid, ever-changing environment
- Analytical – both quantitative and qualitative
- Sharp communication skills
- Strength in team building, leadership and development – attract and retain the best
- Ability to create processes where none existed and willingness to challenge/change processes that no longer serve
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- 8+ years of project management and/or business operations experience (preferably in the customer support, BPO or internet space)
- Experience managing and scaling a customer service team
- Experience managing a call center (building a call center team from scratch is a plus)
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders as well as a wide variety of people (from CS teams to business executives, etc.)
- Willingness to travel – the job will involve travel regularly to meet face to face with your team in the Philippines
- Familiarity with Zendesk, Olark and Google Apps or similar platforms is a plus
You will love this job if you:
- Enjoy working in a fast and rapidly changing environment, with ambiguity
- Love coaching a young, passionate team to achieve its potential
- Want to get in early to a growing business where you create processes rather than just maintain them
- Want to be challenged personally and professionally as you push yourself and your team to grow and improve beyond expectations
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top