Customer Service Lead - T/C Corte Madera
We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we're always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here - because we know that individually we're strong, but together we're unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we're committed to using business as a force for good.
About the role
The Customer Experience Lead's primary responsibility is to assist the leadership team in overseeing the sales floor and ensuring a positive experience. The Lead will assist in aspects of store operation focusing primarily on the areas of customer engagement, including the sales floor, fitting room and cash wrap.
What you'll do
- Understands the holistic mindset of the Athleta brand and can bring it to life everyday
- Consistently treats everyone with respect and contributes to a positive work environment
- Brings Athleta to life (in this new retail expression), through creating a unique-to-brand shopping experience; fosters interaction similar to being a trusted friend and advisor through rapport & empathy
- Displays a "customer assistant" mindset at all times; does not leave the customer with anything to do
- Ability to do what's right while balancing brand policy guidelines to promote an in-service mindset
- Looks for ways to create an environment that welcomes innovation and values each employees' unique ideas and contributions
- Ensures desired brand experience is being fostered in-store through individual and team customer interactions
- Connects with customers by asking open-ended questions to assess customer needs and makes relevant merchandise/styling suggestions
- Drives store sales by authentically suggesting additional items to customers to meet their active lifestyle needs
- Stays current on all product knowledge and communicates features and benefits to customers to build customer knowledge and confidence in the product
- Assists customers in finding out-of-stock items via catalog or on-line, by using (back-order capability)?, or by finding substitutions for out-of-stock items (understands and leverages Call Center, catalog & website)
- Leads by example; mentors and positively influences others
- Sales Generation
- Stays current on goals and priorities as it relates to the selling floor
- Offers suggestions to the leadership team about how to improve daily sales trends
- Customer Experience
- Sets the example by role modeling great customer service
- Ensures that associates are upholding service standards
- Handles complex customer situations in compliance with policy and procedures; escalates issues as appropriate
- Staff Supervision
- Monitor floor coverage and zoning for the day
- Monitors cash wrap to ensure customers are provided service in accordance with customer service policies and cashier guidelines
- Coordinates associate breaks, lunches and shift changes
- Logseports to leadership team time and attendance infractions (sick/late o show)
- Performs employee personal property checks
- Trains, coaches and directs associates on service and how to meet productivity standards
- Communicates development feedback of others to the leadership team
- Responsible for store opening and closing.
- Upholds all company policies as outlined in the Policy and Produce Manual, including the Employee Policy Guide and Code of Business Conduct
- Enforces all Loss Prevention policies, and communicates violations to the leadership team and/or the COBC hotline
- Responsible for front-of-house receiving and assisting vendors
- Ensures company standards of neat, clean and organized sales floor, cash wrap and fitting room areas are met
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Reports to a member of the Store Leadership Team
- Collaborates effectively across teams and with all Business Partners and departments as needed
- Ability to establish & maintain effective relationships with employees and customers
- Possesses a strong character/ethical core - distinctly knows the difference between doing what is right vs. doing the right thing
- Ability to interact cooperatively and work as a team towards a common goal
- Demonstrates a passion for delivering exceptional service everyday and inspires by example
- Demonstrates a "can-do" attitude, with drive and passion to sell and achieve all goals
- Ability to receive feedback and to take action when appropriate
- Skilled problem-solver, makes quality decisions, and follows written and verbal instructions to meet deadlines on tasks and projects
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Previous experience in retail preferred
- Ability to lift and carry 30 pounds
- Ability to maneuver around sales floor and stockroom
- Open availability and flexibility to work nights, weekends, store openings and closings to meet the needs of the business
- Experience supervising teams preferred
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
For eligible employees
Back to top