Customer Service Lead - Greensboro, NC (NEW STORE)
Since the beginning, we've been inspired by everything women and girls are capable of, whether they're serious athletes or just getting into fitness. We create versatile premium performance apparel designed for a life in motion. Challenge fuels us and we are always reaching for the amazing.
We're looking for people who find inspiration in the same things we do: the limitless potential of women and girls everywhere. If you share our passion for a healthy, active lifestyle, personal growth, innovative product and creating rewarding experiences - join our community. Athleta is a certified B Corp - put simply we put people and planet right up there with profit and we're committed to using business as a force for good.
Alone we are strong, united we thrive. Together, we create the Power of She.
The Customer Experience Lead's primary responsibility is to assist the leadership team in overseeing the sales floor and ensuring a positive experience. The Lead will assist in aspects of store operation focusing primarily on the areas of customer engagement, including the sales floor, fitting room and cash wrap.
- Understands the holistic mindset of the Athleta brand and can bring it to life everyday
- Consistently treats everyone with respect and contributes to a positive work environment
- Brings Athleta to life (in this new retail expression), through creating a unique-to-brand shopping experience; fosters interaction similar to being a trusted friend and advisor through rapport & empathy
- Displays a "customer assistant" mindset at all times; does not leave the customer with anything to do
- Ability to do what's right while balancing brand policy guidelines to promote an in-service mindset
- Looks for ways to create an environment that welcomes innovation and values each employees' unique ideas and contributions
- Ensures desired brand experience is being fostered in-store through individual and team customer interactions
- Connects with customers by asking open-ended questions to assess customer needs and makes relevant merchandise/styling suggestions
- Drives store sales by authentically suggesting additional items to customers to meet their active lifestyle needs
- Stays current on all product knowledge and communicates features and benefits to customers to build customer knowledge and confidence in the product
- Assists customers in finding out-of-stock items via catalog or on-line, by using (back-order capability)?, or by finding substitutions for out-of-stock items (understands and leverages Call Center, catalog & website)
- Leads by example; mentors and positively influences others
- Sales Generation
- Stays current on goals and priorities as it relates to the selling floor
- Offers suggestions to the leadership team about how to improve daily sales trends
- Customer Experience
- Sets the example by role modeling great customer service
- Ensures that associates are upholding service standards
- Handles complex customer situations in compliance with policy and procedures; escalates issues as appropriate
- Staff Supervision
- Monitor floor coverage and zoning for the day
- Monitors cash wrap to ensure customers are provided service in accordance with customer service policies and cashier guidelines
- Coordinates associate breaks, lunches and shift changes
- Logs/reports to leadership team time and attendance infractions (sick/late/no show)
- Performs employee personal property checks
- Trains, coaches and directs associates on service and how to meet productivity standards
- Communicates development feedback of others to the leadership team
- Responsible for store opening and closing.
- Upholds all company policies as outlined in the Policy and Produce Manual, including the Employee Policy Guide and Code of Business Conduct
- Enforces all Loss Prevention policies, and communicates violations to the leadership team and/or the COBC hotline
- Responsible for front-of-house receiving and assisting vendors
- Ensures company standards of neat, clean and organized sales floor, cash wrap and fitting room areas are met
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Reports to a member of the Store Leadership Team
- Collaborates effectively across teams and with all Business Partners and departments as needed
- Ability to establish & maintain effective relationships with employees and customers
- Possesses a strong character/ethical core - distinctly knows the difference between doing what is right vs. doing the right thing
- Ability to interact cooperatively and work as a team towards a common goal
- Demonstrates a passion for delivering exceptional service everyday and inspires by example
- Demonstrates a "can-do" attitude, with drive and passion to sell and achieve all goals
- Ability to receive feedback and to take action when appropriate
- Skilled problem-solver, makes quality decisions, and follows written and verbal instructions to meet deadlines on tasks and projects
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Previous experience in retail preferred
- Ability to lift and carry 30 pounds
- Ability to maneuver around sales floor and stockroom
- Open availability and flexibility to work nights, weekends, store openings and closings to meet the needs of the business
- Experience supervising teams preferred
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top