Costing Manager - Apparel Manufacturing
Support in setting strategic direction for costing to ensure the simplifying the costing process & getting costing transparency with supplier. He/she performs work and supports the Senior Manager / Director with the clear objective of setting up transparent costing with vendor & support in costing negotiations process.
- Simplifying the whole costing process & establishing transparent costing with suppliers
- Support in setting up business allocation decision based on product based supply chain
- Improve the AUC margin expectations through key levers product strategy, man machine ratio, factory efficiency, labor cost and material optimization with the aim to deliver product value to the consumer.
- Establish and continuously update costing frameworks, standards and tools that enable transparent, fact based costing with suppliers
- Explore & develop training materials for both Gap internal staffs & external vendors/factories.
- Establish an appropriate governance for cost validation through standardization, benchmarking
- Supporting in creating factory level/country level cost competitive matrix.
- Explore & develop new training tools and training materials for both Gap internal staffs & external vendors/factories.
- Supports and tracks key factory productivity metrics
- University graduate or degree in Industrial Engineering or Textile or Garment (Industry related) or equivalent work experience
- 8-10 years' business experience with 3 years in management role in managing end to end costing
- Staff management and supervising experience across broad geographical area
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing within apparel/non-apparel industry
- Thorough understanding of Gap Inc. CoBC protocols.
- Basic knowledge of sourcing (i.e. LEAN, Quality, Sustainability, Manufacturing processes)
- Knowledge of PMTS based tools and Marker making tools (CAD)
- Strong knowledge of product cost drivers (i.e. Macro factors which drives the cost)
- Solid industry knowledge including market trends for new vendor sourcing and development
- Ability to create reports, provide analysis and recommendations to improve productivity & efficiency
- Communication skills- both written and verbal - English; local language is an added advantage
- Strong negotiations skill, risk management and trouble shooting skills; works proactively
- Ability to influence all levels internal; & external supplier management
- Supervision, training and staff learning development skills
- Planning, scheduling and reporting strengths
Back to top