Corporate Communications Specialist
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
We are looking for an individual who is organized, detail-oriented, creative, calm under pressure and agile to join our Corporate Communication team. The specialist will play an important role working with Gap Inc.'s corporate functions as well as our portfolio of brands. The work you'll be doing includes proactive and reactive media relations, collaborating on and executing against strategic communications plans, event planning, and managing our reputation benchmarking strategy. In this role, you will ensure documents, and files are kept current and vital tools are accessible across the team. You will also be responsible for developing external content including blog posts, press releases, social media posts, and media messaging. This role supports external communications on a variety of special projects/issues as they arise.
- Responsible for overall media operations including media vendor relationships, Gap Inc. press box, media lists, media trackers, speaking calendars, and awards calendars
- Owns the media monitoring and reporting including real-time analysis and benchmarking strategy for Gap Inc
- Manage company-wide daily news reports, end-of-week media summaries, quarterly media metrics, financial milestone media reporting and special project media recaps
- Support of ongoing media opportunities for Gap Inc. and its brands including reporter research, briefing materials, interview prep and staging photoshoots, etc
- Support development of external materials for Gap Inc.'s narrative, including messaging platforms, press releases/alerts/blogs, executive bios, media pitches, reactive statements and Q&A documents
- Create and manage timelines for communications projects to ensure deadlines are met
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or related field preferred
- 2+ years of relevant experience knowledge, skills and abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- PR agency experience preferred
- Proven experience message development
- Ability to manage multiple projects and self-prioritize work to achieve team goals
- Experience in external communications other functions within corporate communications (i.e., public affairs, digital/social media, etc.)
- Ability to use discretion when presented with sensitive or confidential issues
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Production Manager, Gap Factory
As Production Manager, Tamika sources all sorts of fabrics and clothing materials in order to help bring the Design and Merchandising Team’s vision to life for Gap Factory.
Back to top