Since the beginning, we've been inspired by everything women and girls are capable of, whether they're serious athletes or just getting into fitness. We create versatile premium performance apparel designed for a life in motion. Challenge fuels us and we are always reaching for the amazing.
We're looking for people who find inspiration in the same things we do: the limitless potential of women and girls everywhere. If you share our passion for a healthy, active lifestyle, personal growth, innovative product and creating rewarding experiences - join our community. Athleta is a certified B Corp - put simply we put people and planet right up there with profit and we're committed to using business as a force for good.
Alone we are strong, united we thrive. Together, we create the Power of She.
Seeking an energetic wordsmith with defined storytelling muscles, a limber vocabulary and a heart for working at a mission-driven company. We work (and play) in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and we're looking for a talented and passionate writer to add to our team. Ideally, you'd have experience writing product copy for apparel, you'd know the outdoor and/or yoga industry, and you'd be a FileMaker wiz. Or you're just a really quick learner.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Product copy for each season's line of apparel and accessories for catalog and website
- Product naming
- Retail signage copy
- Direct marketing copy
- Occasional internal copy assignments
- Liaising with product merchants to make all of the above efficient and accurate.
What you have:
- 3-5 years' experience in copywriting, advertising, marketing or related field
- BA in English, journalism, communications or related field
- All the best words
- Ability to tell a compelling story in as few as 20 words or as many as 200
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines (accomplished plate spinners, please apply)
- Humility to ask for help when needed
- Thick skin - because your copy may get revised several times before it's final
- Sense of humor - because it's what keeps us all sane in the thick of it
- A full life outside of work
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top