Community Coordinator - Third Street Promenade
As the Community Coordinator, you are passionate about connecting Athleta to the local community. You are responsible for bringing the brand to life in the store by creating amazing experiences for our customers . You are focused on inspiring and growing our sisterhood - our community of women and girls through executing in-store classes, events, sponsorships, and partnerships that nourish her mind, body, and spirit. You will help grow our business and cultivate brand loyalty through new and current partnerships and customers. You seek out and establish strong business partnerships, assist with building community networks, and utilize appropriate social media resources that serve a range of sports and activities for women athletics, health and wellness. As the Community coordinator, you are passionate and invested in Athleta's Brand Mission, Cultural Values and its Evolution.
ATHLETA'S LEADERSHIP VALUES
- With a growth mindset, you consistently demonstrate Curiosity, Insight, Engagement and Determination:
- Curiosity - Actively seeks new experiences, information and knowledge. Proactively seeks feedback and makes changes in response.
- Insight - Makes sense of a vast range of complex information and discovers new insights that likely transform past views or set new directions.
- Engagement - Self-aware, genuinely connects with others. Resonates with others' motivations and shares a sense of purpose and caring.
- Determination - Remains resilient despite difficult challenges. Enacts self-discipline and channels emotions to persevere.
- In partnership with General Manager and Experience Manager, you are responsible for coordinating, promoting, hosting, and executing in-store and local community events that showcase Athleta's amazing customer services and women's authentic performance and lifestyle apparel.
- You provide insight to the Experience Manager to help determine the community market strategy and execute on the strategy that will inspire current customers to increase their shopping habits and introduces new customers to experience Athleta's amazing apparel and customer services.
- You help to foster a positive store atmosphere that establishes Athleta as a resource for local health and wellness related events and activities.
It is important that you involve the store team in all community endeavors and ensure they feel invested in the results of the community work.
- You are working to increase the number of participants that show up at key events and classes both in and outside the store.
- Your intention is to increase traffic, generating revenue and brand awareness. You will be responsible for meeting ROI goals for the store for the year on events and classes
- You are involved in and are knowledgeable about the store's marketing budget; assisting with instructor outfitting, leveraging the Marketing Toolkit; ensuring supplies for Marketing events are ordered, using the appropriate resources; tracking all marketing events, expenses and ROI.
1318 THIRD ST PROMENADE
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- You understand how to achieve results through building and maintaining strategic partnership & connections
- You possess marketing skills to drive innovative programs to increase traffic to our stores
- You have a competitive drive and entrepreneurial spirit and have the ability to forge strong lasting relationships with Athleta's customers, our communities, athletic professionals and our associates
- You have demonstrated ability to identify and manage competing priorities; effectively manages one's time and resources to ensure multiple priorities are balanced and managed successfully
- You have excellent verbal, written communication skills with strong attention to detail
- You are highly flexible, self-directed, and you adapt well to a rapidly changing environment
- You act with integrity both inside the store and out in the community, including recording and managing your time in accordance with company policy
- You have the ability to deal with ambiguous situations and act quickly and decisively
- You are seen as a team player who has demonstrated collaboration, persuasiveness, and partnerships, with the store team
- 1-3 Years' experience in community relations, event planning, sales and/or guest services
- Retail store experience preferred
- Ability to lift and carry 30lbs.
- Ability to travel within district and between stores
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. It is not intended include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top