Community Coordinator - Beachwood Place
Since the beginning, we've been inspired by everything women and girls are capable of, whether they're serious athletes or just getting into fitness. We create versatile premium performance apparel designed for a life in motion. Challenge fuels us and we are always reaching for the amazing.
We're looking for people who find inspiration in the same things we do: the limitless potential of women and girls everywhere. If you share our passion for a healthy, active lifestyle, personal growth, innovative product and creating rewarding experiences - join our community. Athleta is a certified B Corp - put simply we put people and planet right up there with profit and we're committed to using business as a force for good.
Alone we are strong, united we thrive. Together, we create the Power of She.
As the Community Coordinator, you are passionate about connecting Athleta to the local community. You are responsible for bringing the brand to life in the store by creating amazing experiences for our customers. You are focused on inspiring and growing our sisterhood - our community of women and girls through executing in-store classes, events, sponsorships, and partnerships that nourish her mind, body, and spirit. You will help grow our business and cultivate brand loyalty through new and current partnerships and customers. You seek out and establish strong business partnerships, assist with building community networks, and utilize appropriate social media resources that serve a range of sports and activities for women athletics, health and wellness. As the Community coordinator, you are passionate and invested in Athleta's Brand Mission, Cultural Values and its Evolution.
- With a growth mindset, you consistently demonstrate Curiosity, Insight, Engagement and Determination:
- Curiosity - Actively seeks new experiences, information and knowledge. Proactively seeks feedback and makes changes in response.
- Insight - Makes sense of a vast range of complex information and discovers new insights that likely transform past views or set new directions.
- Engagement - Self-aware, genuinely connects with others. Resonates with others' motivations and shares a sense of purpose and caring.
- Determination - Remains resilient despite difficult challenges. Enacts self-discipline and channels emotions to persevere.
- In partnership with General Manager and Experience Manager, you are responsible for coordinating, promoting, hosting, and executing in-store and local community events that showcase Athleta's amazing customer services and women's authentic performance and lifestyle apparel.
- You provide insight to the Experience Manager to help determine the community market strategy and execute on the strategy that will inspire current customers to increase their shopping habits and introduces new customers to experience Athleta's amazing apparel and customer services.
- You help to foster a positive store atmosphere that establishes Athleta as a resource for local health and wellness related events and activities.
It is important that you involve the store team in all community endeavors and ensure they feel invested in the results of the community work.
- You are working to increase the number of participants that show up at key events and classes both in and outside the store.
- Your intention is to increase traffic, generating revenue and brand awareness. You will be responsible for meeting ROI goals for the store for the year on events and classes
- You are involved in and are knowledgeable about the store's marketing budget; assisting with instructor outfitting, leveraging the Marketing Toolkit; ensuring supplies for Marketing events are ordered, using the appropriate resources; tracking all marketing events, expenses and ROI.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- You understand how to achieve results through building and maintaining strategic partnership & connections
- You possess marketing skills to drive innovative programs to increase traffic to our stores
- You have a competitive drive and entrepreneurial spirit and have the ability to forge strong lasting relationships with Athleta's customers, our communities, athletic professionals and our associates
- You have demonstrated ability to identify and manage competing priorities; effectively manages one's time and resources to ensure multiple priorities are balanced and managed successfully
- You have excellent verbal, written communication skills with strong attention to detail
- You are highly flexible, self-directed, and you adapt well to a rapidly changing environment
- You act with integrity both inside the store and out in the community, including recording and managing your time in accordance with company policy
- You have the ability to deal with ambiguous situations and act quickly and decisively
- You are seen as a team player who has demonstrated collaboration, persuasiveness, and partnerships, with the store team
- 1-3 Years' experience in community relations, event planning, sales and/or guest services
- Retail store experience preferred
- Ability to lift and carry 30lbs.
- Ability to travel within district and between stores
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. It is not intended include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top