The Specialist, Communications for Gap Greater China will be based in Shanghai, reporting to the Director of Communications & Localization. The position will focus on internal communications and employee engagement, as an effective means to rally employees around the company vision and mission and help drive employee pride, motivation, loyalty and contribution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Employee Engagement & CSR
- Join in developing and executing employee engagement plans to drive sense of belonging and pride.
- Collaborate with business divisions and other functional departments to design and implement shared engagement opportunities across HQ and the field. Serve as a key point of contact for across-team cooperation.
- Participate in planning and organizing "cheap and cheerful" employee volunteering, CSR and other participative events around different themes and angles, to generate employee excitement and pride.
- Support in localizing global campaigns and initiatives and mobilizing employee participation
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with members of cross-functional teams, such as marketing, operations, merchandising and HR, etc. in order to perform the responsibilities.
- Manage event logistics for employee activities.
- Participating in developing internal communication plans and responsible for execution, to ensure messages reach the target audiences in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure key global messages are cascaded effectively to the target groups of the local employees.
- Leverage global initiatives and campaigns and combine them with local realities to develop internal communication opportunities through both online and offline channels and platforms
- Capitalize on business progresses and other milestones and moments to transmit positive messaging to boost morale and champion team wins.
- Partner up closely with brands, operations and functional teams to identify and meet internal communications needs through appropriate channels and format.
- Identify opportunities to share best practices across brands and departments to promote a culture of excellence.
- Develop and manage internal online and offline communication channels and platforms, including but not limiting to the newsletter What's Up.
- Participate in other team tasks or assignments as needed.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Around 3 years of relevant experience with proven track record of delivering results in internal communications and engagement.
- Strong experience in designing and organizing events of various sizes and nature.
- Strong sense of and experience in social media and digital communication.
- Track record of working across business divisions and functional teams to drive toward a shared goal and result.
- Experience in collaborating with external partners and managing vendors to achieve designed results within budgets.
- Keen understanding of the Chinese retail market, field experience an asset.
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, able to effectively prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication and influencing skills, able to interface and work with internal and external partners at all levels.
- Positive thinking, "can do" attitude and willing and able to learn quickly.
- Proactive and passionate about people engagement.
- Open, creative and innovative, willing and daring to explore new territories and possibilities
- Attention to details and quality, mindful of necessary processes and protocols.
- Adaptable to fast changes and able to effectively work with business partners, build up cross-team relationships, drive consensus and manage conflicts.
Minimum Education Level
- Bachelor's or above
- Bi-lingual in Mandarin and English,
Back to top