Communications Coordinator, Field Communications (Part-Time / Temp) - Athleta
Athleta is creating a new breed of premium, authentically active and fashion-fueled apparel for a life in motion. Our mission is to ignite a community of active, healthy confident girls who empower each other to realize their limitless potential.
We're looking for people who find inspiration in the same things we do. Like community. Participation. Empowering others. Working as a team. Never forgetting that work isn't work without a little play - and, of course, being a part of something bigger. At Athleta we're always reaching for amazing - and that challenge is what fuels us!
Power of She
This is a temporary Part Time position from August – January 2018.
We're looking for a creative Field Communications Coordinator who will provide daily coordination support to the Field Communications Team. You need to be an excellent writer with a great work ethic and a maniacal attention to detail (read: no typos!). You should also be able to manage competing priorities all under tight deadlines.
The Coordinator will occasionally be responsible for writing and editing communication, and publishing to store teams via our web-based task management platform. You'll need to be a quick learner with a can-do attitude who can easily flex with ever-changing business needs. This position reports to the Sr. Manager, Athleta Communications, and works closely with all levels of the division's corporate and field organizations
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Daily Communications
- Provides support loading and publishing field-facing information to Athleta's task-based store system
- Coordinates communication timelines and deadlines, ensuring all details meet our rigorous publication framework
- Occasionally writes, edits and publishes field-facing communication
- Assists with the ongoing maintenance of Athleta's Store Portal
- Communications Strategy
- Coordinates with business partners to ensure all content is accurate and delivered on-time
- Acts as a communications filter so only the most vital information is communicated to the field
- Must be confident, professional and comfortable making and communicating changes to work submitted for publishing
- In partnership with the Communications Team, determine the right delivery tool and timing for each communication that will best support execution in stores
- Relationship Building
- Help educate HQ business partners about Field Communication process and deadlines
- Build cross-brand and cross-functional relationships to manage upcoming and ongoing communications needs
- Build and maintain relationships with field teams to gather feedback on communications tools and resources
ONE HARRISON STREET
- You're a strong, confident writer
- You're also a terrific editor. You know exactly how to make a piece of text shorter, more helpful, and easier to understand
- You're extremely comfortable working in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- You're tech savvy and extremely comfortable with technology, web-based systems, etc.
- You have strong administrative skills, and can easily multi-task, follow up and manage competing priorities all under tight deadlines
- You're a self-starter, but when something is over your head you aren't afraid to ask for help
- General graphic design skills/ capabilities are a plus!
- 1-3 years of communications and/or professional writing experience
- Retail experience a plus
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top