Chief Marketing Officer
- San Francisco, CA
For the past 22 years, we've committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It's what we do best, and we're on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we're strong, but together we're unstoppable.
About the role
We are seeking a Chief Marketing Officer to lead the overall brand management and development of the Athleta brand strategy, positioning and voice ensuring they come to life across customer omni experience touchpoints. The CMO will be charged with creating and building a long-term committed emotional connection with Athleta customers that grows brand awareness and drives traffic (new and existing), conversion, engagement and profitability that meet or exceed Athleta's budgeted sales and earnings goals. Key Performance Indicators include Brand Awareness & Brand Equity.
What you'll do
- Define, champion and deliver effective brand marketing strategy throughout the omni-channel experience
- Lead strategic brand positioning and awareness in a highly competitive environment; key areas of focus include: step change brand awareness and storytelling (supported by new activations, partnerships, etc.), build new "hero" approach to product marketing to support our assortment architecture strategy, and new community and other experiences supported through a new MTL loyalty program
- Drive marketing creative look, feel and execution for the brand across all vehicles
- Lead, nurture and champion new, out-of-the-box thinking that results in breakthrough ideas to lead the brand forward
- Drive loyalty strategy to build customer awareness and engagement
- Build our community and experiential retail strategy that will activate our mission in a significant way, e.g. reimagining how women and girls connect and fuel each other as part of a broader lifestyle and community platform
- Ensure creative is compelling and remains on brand while clearly articulating core brand attributes and points of differentiation to drive sales
- Lead product marketing and visual merchandising to support Bullseye product strategy
- Lead brand advertising, PR and partnerships
- Owner of overall marketing budget ($100M+)
- This leader will sit on the Athleta Leadership Team and work extensively with cross-functional leaders to bring the brand vision to life
- Together with the LT, define the vision and strategies for the overall brand and serve as a key voice into commercial planning process
- Lead, coach and develop a team of high performing, results oriented marketing professionals
- Dynamic leader with proven track record of attracting, hiring and retaining a high caliber, cross-functional marketing and creative team
- Ability to set and communicate a clear vision and drive for results
- Demonstrated strategic agility and business acumen
- Strong history of developing leaders and building a highly effective and engaged team
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Resourceful marketer who finds creativity, not only in the development of marketing strategy, advertising and programs that drive retail, but also in the execution/application process throughout the store
- Significant experience (15+ years) in building marketing strategies in creatively driven companies
- Experience delivering traffic building programs that impact sales with a broad understanding of all areas of the business and the levers required to manage the P&L
- Must possess a keen sense of trends within the market and have the "touch & feel" necessary to take advantage of market factors to create marketing programs that build momentum
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Back to top