Catering Coordinator - NY, Gap Inc.
As one of the world's largest specialty retailers, our past is full of iconic moments. But we're most passionate about the future, and the people who will help make our next decade just as groundbreaking as the last five. That's where you come in. Our team is seeking a Catering Coordinator to support our catering and on-site events. Responsibilities include executing logistics for on-site events that include catering, and managing catering for complex events. Requires proactive and consistent communication with Business Partners, experience working with cross-functional teams, and ability to develop solutions to increase department efficiency and deliver excellent customer service.
- Customer Impact
- Collaboration & Influencing
This position has key internal partnerships with Global Events, Corporate Operations, and Facilities and event hosts in the brands and corporate functions. Key external partnerships include vendors supporting Global Events and Catering/Food Services. This position is responsible for aligning internal partners around all logistical details of on-site meetings (meeting room sets, catering, security, engineering, janitorial needs). Leads and inspires functional team to be: product obsessed, customer-focused, innovative, fast-moving and team-oriented.
Catering - 65%
- Project management of catering programs and processes, including timelines and budget
- Develop programs to increase employee engagement and adoption of catering menus, including themed catering packages, seasonal menus, culinary teambuilding events, etc.
- Create and develop a database of photos of various Caterings/Events that can be accessible by food services
- Streamline catering processes and execution in all cafes
- Collaborate with chefs, sous chefs and managers to set pricing and execution strategy for event catering
- Create and maintain a central database of custom catering menus; identify most popular menus and leverage them for re-use
- Create and develop central repository for templates for such things as: Menu cards, place cards, catering buffet setups
- Identify Business Partners utilizing outside catering and develop a marketing/communication plan to encourage use of in-house catering
- Generate new ideas and leverage innovations in catering industry through involvement in catering industry associations, attending catering showcases, etc.
- Coordinate logistics for Gap Inc. on-site events
- Manage multiple projects of varying scopes concurrently, while meeting timeline and quality expectations
- Liaison to in-house teams, vendors, and business partners on-site at events, including troubleshooting and contingency planning for unanticipated circumstances
Café (Front of House) - 35%
- Ability to open and close the Café if needed
- Assist in restocking Café
- Accurately record and report daily register cash flow
- Reconcile monies against POS report
- Adhere to cash handling policy standards
- Process customer transactions accurately
55 THOMAS STREET
Knowledge, skills & abilities
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain high-trust relationships
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to manage within a budget
- Adept in problem solving and finding appropriate solutions
- Good working skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Professional and mature attitude; remains calm under pressure
Minimum educational level
- BS/BA or equivalent professional experience
- 3+ years hands-on experience in event coordination or catering
- Understanding of back-of-the-house culinary operations preferred
- Cash Handling Experience Required
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Clean professional appearance
- Able to maneuver throughout kitchen
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, employment/non-employment status or disability status.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top