Category Manager I - Strategic Sourcing - Marketing
- San Francisco, CA
About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world.Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyonehas access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman,regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. BananaRepublic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gapinspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly madeessentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong,and on our own terms-is core to who we are as acompany and how we make decisions.Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet.Ready tolearn fast, create with audacityand lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Category Manager I of Marketing-Strategic Sourcing drives competitive advantage and value creation for sourcing initiatives they own & manage. In this role, you'll have the unique opportunity to manage and gain experience in multiple types of marketing categories, across our portfolio of brands (Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, Athleta, Intermix and Janie & Jack). The Category Manager I will own planning, implementation, and execution of sourcing strategy, along with building and maintaining effective relationships with business partners internally and externally at various levels. You should have strong experience in spend and data analysis.
- Manage and execute sourcing strategies for marketing categories through technical/functional knowledge, in support of the business' short-term and long-term plans. Has understanding of key strategic sourcing functions (RFXs, market intelligence, business partner management, contract management, negotiations, SRM, etc.)
- Build and strengthen business partner relationships: successfully partner across functions and levels with internal stakeholders (Marketing, Legal, Finance, Privacy, etc), external suppliers, agencies and colleagues to achieve results
- Balance speed and urgency with cost savings and ROI in vendor negotiations
- External Focus: Develop category knowledge and regularly leverage industry experts, associations, peers and stakeholders to identify and benchmark best practices
- Achieve defined category performance targets; hold vendors accountable to performance agreements and implement course corrections and mitigation strategies as needed
- Engages and establishes partnerships across Brands to collaborate, influence, and execute sourcing strategy
- Manage and execute sourcing strategies based on Brand priorities and requirements
- Business Acumen: category knowledge in the following categories (i.e., Marketing, MarTech, Media, Production, Brand Marekting, etc).; Ability to learn and quickly develop subject matter expertise
- Ability to interact with senior leaders and demonstrate a professional presence.
- Sourcing Capability: manage, plan, and execute sourcing strategy to drive short and long-term results by leveraging market knowledge and collaboration and influencing with stakeholders. Excellent prioritization skills with ability to adapt to change quickly
- Drive for Results: Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an ambiguous environment to achieve high levels of performance and deliver sustainable results to the team
- Experience: 4+ years professional experience in strategic sourcing, management consulting, or marketing agency account support
- Experience planning and leading negotiations a plus
- Education: Bachelor's degree in business administration, supply chain management, or related discipline; MBA or Advanced degree preferred
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Back to top