Category Manager I - Professional Services
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
The Category Manager I of Strategic Sourcing drives competitive advantage and value creation for categories they support (Outsourcing and IT Professional Services). The Category Manager I will own planning, implementation, and execution of category strategy for specific categories (Managed Technology Services, Outsourcing, Consultancy and other Professional Services). The Category Manager I will be responsible for developing effective relationships with business partners internally and externally at all levels. The Category Manager I will work with IT Domain Leads to formulate roadmaps and pipelines for Gap's IT Programs including but not limited to Cross Channel Logistics, Salesforce product implementation, Data Analytics and various e-commerce requirements.
Employee will be responsible for leading negotiations with vendors in the IT outsourcing / professional services / contingent labor categories. This will include not only capturing business partner requirements, but understanding the various technologies and negotiating to obtain advantage. The Category Manager I will need to be able to formulate IT Professional Services spend baselines to effectively conduct RFP activity. The employee will need to understand emerging technologies affecting the IT Professional Services industry, including but not limited to Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Automation, and BPO.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and execute sourcing strategies for specific categories through technical/functional knowledge, in support of the business' short-term and long-term plans. Has understanding of key strategic sourcing functions (supplier selection, marketing intelligence, business partner management, contract management, negotiations, SRM, etc.)
- Build and strengthen business partner relationships : successfully partner across functions and levels with internal stakeholders, external suppliers, agencies and colleagues to drive results and influence change
- External Focus : Develop category knowledge and regularly leverage industry experts, associations, peers and stakeholders to identify and benchmark best practices
- Achieve defined category performance targets ; hold vendors accountable to performance agreements and implement course corrections and mitigation strategies as needed
- Leverage influencing skills to align objectives and targets with stakeholders, including senior leadership
- Business Acumen: category knowledge in the following categories (ie. Managed Technology Services, Outsourcing, Consultancy and other Professional Services etc)
- Sourcing Capability : manage, plan, and execute category strategy to drive short and long-term results by leveraging market knowledge and collaboration and influencing at various levels.
- Drive for Results : Demonstrated ability to effectively navigate in an ambiguous environment to achieve high levels of performance and deliver sustainable results to the team.
- Experience: 4 + years professional experience in management consulting, strategic sourcing, or supply chain
- Education: Advanced degree preferred
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top