Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
As one of the world's largest specialty retailers, our past is full of iconic moments. But we're most passionate about the future, and the people who will help make our next decade just as groundbreaking as the last five. That's where you come in. Our team is seeking a Lead Cashier/ Barista to provide excellent customer service to all Headquarter employees and visitors. Responsibilities include accurately recording and reporting cash flow daily. Requires proactive and consistent communication with Business Partners and ability to develop solutions to increase department efficiency and deliver excellent customer service.
- Provide excellent customer service by demonstrating energetic, and positive attitude with customer interactions
- Assisting customers with requests and questions
- Communicating customer's needs to management
- Recognize and respond appropriately to customer's requests
- Process customer transactions in an efficient and timely manner
- Accurately record and report daily register cash flow
- Reconcile monies against POS report
- Adhere to cash handling policy standards
- Process customer transactions accurately
- Maintain acceptable cafe appearance
- Ensure all areas are stocked with appropriate products
- Properly check-in and sign for deliveries
- Report any maintenance issues to Supervisor
- Other tasks or duties as assigned
- Ability to single-handedly close the Cafe
Knowledge, skills & abilities
- Exceptional communication and written skill
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain comprehensive relationships
- Strong technical, organizational, and multi-tasking skills
- Thorough knowledge of cash handling
- Demonstrated success in management and problem solving
- Excellent influencing skills and ability to develop and maintain good relationships
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator a plus
- Professional and mature attitude
- Strong sense of urgency
Minimum educational level
- High School Graduate or GED Equivalency
- 3-5 years experience as cashier/catering
- Corporate Food Service experience a plus
- Cash handling experience
- Ability to move throughout the cafe and kitchen
- Must be able to lift over 30 lbs.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top