CAD Textile Designer, Baby & Sleep, Gap Brand
In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the first Gap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. They wanted to make it easier to find a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was a hit, and it grew to become one of the world's most iconic brands.
Today we're represented in more than 1400 stores in over 40 countries, and online. We have headquarters in New York, London, Shanghai, Tokyo, and, of course, San Francisco.
Our unique aesthetic is optimistic cool, elevated American style. Our clothes are crafted with care, with focused attention to thoughtful design.We believe in staying true to our heritage while creating what's next.
Don and Doris Fisher always wanted to "do more than sell clothes." They wanted to support the people who ran their company, to be active in their communities, and to have a positive impact on the world. Their vision helped transform retail, and we're still following their lead.
We stand for freedom and possibility for all; we champion diverse ideas that transcend generations, geographies and genders.
So if you have ideas, if you're talented, if you want to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the world a little better than we found it, we'd love to meet you.
Under general supervision, assists the Product Development Team in creating prints and wovens by utilizing a CAD system including but not limited to creating repeats, colorways and scale variations of purchased and original artwork. Work is reviewed by director.
Essential Duties andResponsibilities
- Produces and edits computer generated prints, wovens, and graphics in multiple colorways and sizes for use in development and presentation boards.
- Completes all technical activities for division.
- Develops relationship/partnership with stylist for each area, building a collaborative working relationship.
- Creates and maintains seasonal color palettes.
- Maintains an organized project identification system.
- Responsible for data back-up and computer/file storage to include creating seasonal back-up on another media (e.g., tape/CD).
- May provide occasional guidance to Assistant CAD Textile Designer and/or freelancers as needed.
- Works closely with outside vendors/engineers to address technical issues as they arise.
- Performs departmental maintenance (e.g., daily upkeep of printers which can include paper and fabric printers) as needed.
- Prepares artwork package for production ready standards.
- Keeps abreast of current trends in CAD technologies.
- Works within annual departmental budget constraints.
- Constant interaction with product development team.
- Occasional interaction with outside computer vendors.
55 THOMAS STREET
- Strong computer skills, U4ia required. Illustrator and PhotoShop, preferred.
- General knowledge of print and textile design.
- Good sense of color application.
- Works well under pressure.
- Basic PC knowledge required.
- Good interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Team player with strong organizational and time management skills.
- College level coursework in computer aided design or equivalent experience.
- 2-5 years experience as a Computer Aided Designer.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top