Buying Manager - Women's and Women's Accessories - Gap Factory Online
In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the first Gap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. They wanted to make it easier to find a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was a hit, and today we're the world's most iconic American brand.
We're represented in more than 1400 stores in over 40 countries, and online. Our unique aesthetic is optimistic cool, elevated American style. We believe in staying true to our heritage while creating what's next.
Don and Doris Fisher always wanted to "do more than sell clothes," and today we're leaders in employee volunteering and social impact.
If you're full of ideas, if you want to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the world better than we found it, we'd love to meet you.
- The Manager leads, develops, executes, and communicates merchandise assortment plans, financial plans and strategies that support the merchandising, marketing and financial objectives of the department. The Buying Manager drives financial results that maximize sales, gross margin, and inventory profitability goals.
- Leads team in the development of the seasonal business strategies, product assortment, merchandise strategies, site experience, key item positioning, and promotional plans; ensuring that the collection is compelling, commercially viable and supports overall business objectives
- Creates pre-season financial plans that align with product strategies and manages across financial touch points such as Hindsight, Strategy, Investment Review, OTB, etc.
- Leads product POV for the development of the site marketing & email cadence, communicating Big Ideas to the marketing team and partners with them to ensure these ideas are adequately represented throughout the season.
- Leads management of the website to create a compelling product experience; to include inspirational merchandise presentation, simple and intuitive category navigation, and clear and accurate product details.
- Ensures inventory is reflective of current trends and is competitively priced and positioned on site and in marketing
- Analyzes historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities by division/department and class.
- Owns divisional open-to-buy forecasts. Leads team in presentation of financial forecast and supporting action plans in open-to-buy/monthly forecast meetings.
- Manages and communicates markdown & promotional recommendations and strategies.
- Develops and maintains cross-channel relationships
- Supports a collaborative, innovative, and results-oriented environment with peers and cross-functional team.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with members of cross-brand and cross-functional team (merchandising, marketing, production, planning, and DC/Operations).
- Effectively manage and support a team of Buyers and MC's to ensure job satisfaction and future talent development
- Possesses a clear understanding of financial measurements including: sales, gross margin, inventory productivity measures, etc. and how to impact them
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
- Able to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Demonstrates strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrates logical analysis and problem solving skills
- Able to interpret current business results to identify key learnings and develop future strategies
- Facility with personal computers, including the ability or aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- 3+ years as a Merchandiser, Buyer or equivalent
- 3+ years of retail buying, planning or related analytical experience
- 2+ years of management experience
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top