Buying Manager, Old Navy Franchise, Gap Inc.
- Manage and develop team that selects merchandise appropriate for franchise partner assortments and determines investments associated with that merchandise
- Identify strategies for improving merchandise sell-through and customer satisfaction in our franchise partners' markets
- Contribute to the success of the Department through developing and driving seasonal strategies for a division that meet or exceed the Division and Business Unit's financial goals.
- Manage relationship with one or more franchise partners to maintain strong partnership and drive business results.
- Drives Results
- Strategic Orientation
- Talent Builder
- Collaboration & Influencing
- Leads merchandise assorting and investing process for their area of responsibility
- Works cross-functionally with merchandising and production to build assortment
- Represents our brand to our outside partners
- Lead point of contact for one or more outside franchise partners with Old Navy buying / merchandising teams
- Act as Franchise divisional lead in global merchant line adoption meetings to receive product downloads and influence product line and related strategies for assigned areas.
- Understand local market data, competitor activities, trends and historical data while utilizing detailed product filters to edit the global product line in order to meet customer needs and maximize sales with each Franchise account.
- Manage the forecasting and investment review process for assigned division.
- Act as lead contact on buying team for assigned franchise partners. Work with franchise partners to manage in-season opportunities or risks.
- Visit franchise partners in market as needed to understand the marketplace.
- Understand competitive environment and adjust assortments / investments accordingly.
- Lead and develop team to achieve results.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with members of cross-functional teams (Merchandising, Production, Planning).
550 TERRY FRANCOIS BLVD.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- 4+ years of retail buying experience
- 1-3 years' experience managing direct reports
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Experience as a Merchandiser/Merchandise Planner/IM planner/Buyer or equivalent
- Strong analytical skills and strong working knowledge of financial measurements
- Demonstrate a point of view about product assortment and business opportunities
- Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals
- Demonstrate strong listening, verbal, written and presentation skills
- Customer oriented
- Meticulous attention to details
- Polished presentation skills internally to teams and outwardly to clients
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to communicate with senior leaders across the organization
- Comfortable with ambiguity and filling "white space"
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top