Responsible for achieving sales and profitability targets formultiple divisions.This includes productand financial strategy and vision, assortment strategies to support inventoryposition.Develop, reward and motivate ateam of buyers.
- Drive long term strategy and business objectives formultiple divisions reflecting department positioning within the larger company.
- Proactively build department, vendor and category strategyto strengthen core businesses and launch new categories.
- Develop and execute business strategies and enlist crossfunctional support and partnership
- Review orders with the team, lead internal style outs andpresent strategy to Chief Merchant and cross functional partners
- Negotiate all appropriate terms relative to the business andcultivate new brand relationships
- Drive cross-team collaborations, focusing on relationshipwith planning team and supporting a strong network at all levels of the team.
- Work cross functionally with marketing, visual, PR/events,and product training to execute strategy
- Partner with Planning team on open to buy, inventorymanagement, selling trends and markdown projections.
- Build out quarterly strategy by vendor, class and channel
- As member of Buying leadership team, lead merchandisinginitiatives across departments to drive overallbrand positioning and financial metrics.
- Provide feedback, coaching and guidance to help othersaccomplish objectives and/or further development.
- Model brand values (collaboration, integrity, resultsoriented, innovative/creative and entrepreneurial)
1440 BROADWAY 5TH FLOOR
- Bachelors degree in business or fashion related discipline,preferred
- 8+ years progressive buying experience for a multi-vendor luxurybrand
- Proven track record of success and ability to drive abusiness
- Proven ability to create product assortments to meet customerneeds
- Strong business and financial analysis skills
- Strong retail math acumen
- Keen fashion sense and trend forecasting ability
- Excellent communication, negotiation and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated managerial and leadership abilities
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally whenrequired
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top