Buyer - Women's - Gap Factory Online
About the role
The Buyer will own the creation, management and execution of end to end sales, gross margin and inventory strategies to hit Category sales plans. They will collaborate with the Global Merchandising team to ensure the seasonal, global assortment meets the Gap Online customer and business needs. The Buyer will also partner with the Site Merchandising team to influence marketing needs and site merchandising decisions that drive customer engagement and deliver financial results.
What you'll do
- Contribute to the development of pre-season Class and Department financial targets that align with the Division's seasonal product strategy and include sales, gross margin and inventory.
- Measure weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales and inventory performance of Categories; identify and communicate business opportunities and risks through this assessment (inclusive of pricing).
- Be responsible for Open-To-Buy (OTB) and Hindsights.
- Assist with assortment communication to all cross functional partners. Communicate changes and updates to production through Style tracker/Change log.
- Deliver on online exclusive business strategies including product recapping, needs analysis and presentation on site.
- Share seasonal category strategies with Site Merchant team to enable the development and execution of site and sort strategies.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with cross functional business partners.
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years of buying/inventory management experience
- Able to use financial metrics to measure the performance of the business. Understand how financial levers impact results.
- Know how to read and react to business results, understanding how decisions impact those results.
- Can quickly develop tool and system proficiency.
- Selling a point of view to both peers and upper management is a strength.
- Possess strong presentation skills.
Back to top