Buyer, Women’s Body, Gap Japan Online
- Own the creation, management and execution of end to end sales, gross margin and inventory strategies to hit Category sales plans.
- Collaborate with Global Merchandising team to ensure the seasonal, global assortment meets the Gap Online Japan customer and business needs.
- Partner with Marketing team to influence marketing needs and manage assortment on the website to drive customer engagement and deliver financial results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
PRE-SEASON FINANCIAL PLANNING
- Contribute to the financial success of the Body & Women's business by meeting sales, gross margin, and inventory productivity goals.
- Contribute to the development of pre-season Class and Department financial targets that align with the Division's seasonal product strategy and include sales, gross margin and inventory.
- Assist in the development of seasonal Department or Divisional product strategies that align with financial goals of the season.
- Measure weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales and inventory performance of Categories. Present weekly business to upper management inclusive of forward looking business opportunities and risks.
- Strategize, recommend, execute, and recap in-season pricing strategies – including seasonal markdowns and promotions.
- Manage the assessment of sales and inventory plans from investment through in-season management, including ongoing assortment updates and inventory changes in PETE.
- Develop and manage Basics sales and inventory forecasts to maximize sales opportunity while driving optimal inventory service levels and profitability.
- Hindsight seasonal product and financial results through hindsighting process for Categories.
- Proficiency in enterprise applications (Venus, NOVA, etc.) as well as GOL specific tools (cube platform).
- Represent GOL as subject matter expert for at least one tool or process used by the entire org. Communicate to fellow Buyers and Leadership key updates or improvements as needed.
- Assist in the development of seasonal product strategies and department/divisional Long Range Plans.
- Perform daily activities that support the merchandising strategies and merchandise pipeline. Maintain ACT and PETE accuracy. Complete timely workflow on all deliverables defined by the Global product pipeline and seasonal check lists
- Assist with assortment communication to all cross functional partners. Communicate changes and updates to production through Change log.
- Deliver on online exclusive business strategies including product recapping, needs analysis and presentation on site.
- Own and execute the management of product on the site and sort strategies.
- Partner with Marketing to ensure site experience is connected to Marketing, Promo and Buying actions.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with cross functional business partners.
- Communicate timelines, standards and performance expectations to direct reports in a timely manner.
- Provide manager and planner with timely feedback on personal developmental and training goals
- Customer and product centric. Ability to adapt work to meet the needs of the customer.
- Financial Acumen: The ability to use financial metrics to measure the performance of the business. Understand how financial levers impact results.
- Business Acumen: The ability to read and react to business results, understanding how decisions impact those results.
- Systems & Tools Acumen: The ability to quickly develop tool and system proficiency.
- Ability to formulate short term tactical plans that are effective, efficient and support business and product strategies.
- Ability to effectively sell a point of view to both peers and upper management.
- Basic knowledge of international production processes.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Leadership Competencies: Accountability, Influencing/Collaboration, Change Leadership and Empowerment
San Francisco, CA
2 Folsom, Gap Online
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top