Buyer, Old Navy Franchise, Gap Inc.
- Select merchandise appropriate for franchise partner assortments and determine investments associated with that merchandise.
- Identify strategies for improving merchandise sell-through and customer satisfaction in our franchise partners' markets.
- Contribute to the success of the Department through developing and driving seasonal strategies for category/class that meet or exceed the Division and Business Unit's financial goals.
- Provide analysis to support the development of Department seasonal strategies that meet financial targets.
- Drives Results
- Strategic Orientation
- Leads merchandise assorting process for their area of responsibility.
- Works cross-functionally with merchandising and production to build assortment.
- Represents our brand to our outside partners.
- Rank styles based on historical and current product performance and identify redundancies in the product assortment.
- Review monthly open-to-buy for category/class; provide accurate monthly/seasonal receipt flow information; execute to the sales margin and promotional markdown cadence.
- Provide information to develop key concepts, key items, promotional strategies and assortments that are commercially viable and provide exciting store experiences.
- Understand product trends, historical data and departmental input at category/class level in order to manage in-season opportunities or risks.
- Understand competitive environment; proactively see market knowledge through exposure to competitive retail outlets.
- Influence others to achieve results.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with members of cross-functional teams (Merchandising, Production, Planning).
550 TERRY FRANCOIS BLVD.
- Bachelors' Degree or equivalent
- 2+ years of retail buying experience
- Experience as a Merchandiser/Merchandise Planner/IM planner/Buyer or equivalent
- Strong analytical skills
- Possess a strong working knowledge of financial measurements
- Demonstrate a point of view about product assortment and business opportunities
- Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals
- Demonstrate strong listening, verbal, written and presentation skills
- Customer oriented
- Meticulous attention to details
- Polished presentation skills internally to teams and outwardly to clients
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to communicate with senior leaders across the organization
- Comfortable with ambiguity and filling "white space"
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top