Buyer, Maternity + Body + Accessories, Gap Online
- Own the creation, management and execution of end to end sales, gross margin and inventory strategies to hit Category sales plans.
- Collaborate with Global Merchandising team to ensure the seasonal, global assortment meets the Gap Online customer and business needs.
- Partner with Site Merchandising team to influence marketing needs and site merchandising decisions that drive customer engagement and deliver financial results.
- Accountable for the skill development and career growth of direct report (where applicable).
PRE-SEASON FINANCIAL PLANNING
- Contribute to the financial success of one or more Categories by meeting sales, gross margin, and inventory productivity goals.
- Contribute to the development of pre-season Class and Department financial targets that align with the Division's seasonal product strategy and include sales, gross margin and inventory.
- Assist in the development of seasonal Department or Divisional product strategies that align with financial goals of the season.
- Create and execute sizing strategies that support the assortment strategy and maximize business opportunity.
- Measure weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales and inventory performance of Categories. Identify and communicate business opportunities and risks through this assessment.
- Strategize, recommend, execute, and recap in-season pricing strategies – including seasonal markdowns and promotions.
- Manage the assessment of sales and inventory plans from investment through in-season management, including ongoing assortment updates and inventory changes in PETE and ACT.
- Develop and manage Basics sales and inventory forecasts to maximize sales opportunity while driving optimal inventory service levels and profitability.
- Assist in the forecast of in-season sales and inventory trends through the monthly OTB process. Develop product and financial strategies to maximize opportunities and mitigate risk.
- Hindsight seasonal product and financial results through hindsighting process for Categories.
- Proficiency in enterprise applications (Venus, NOVA, etc.) as well as GOL specific tools (cube platform).
- Represent GOL as subject matter expert for at least one tool or process used by the entire org. Communicate to fellow Buyers and Leadership key updates or improvements as needed.
- Assist in the development of seasonal product strategies and department/divisional Long Range Plans.
- Perform daily activities that support the merchandising strategies and merchandise pipeline. Maintain ACT and PETE accuracy. Complete timely workflow on all deliverables defined by the Global product pipeline and seasonal check lists
- Assist with assortment communication to all cross functional partners. Communicate changes and updates to production through Style tracker/Change log.
- Deliver on online exclusive business strategies including product recapping, needs analysis and presentation on site.
- Share seasonal category strategies with Site Merchant team to enable the development and execution of site and sort strategies.
- Partner with Site Merchant team to ensure site experience is connected to Marketing, Promo and Buying actions.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with cross functional business partners.
- May have Asst Buyer direct report.
- Communicate timelines, standards and performance expectations to direct reports in a timely manner. Help direct report balance workload priorities to ensure successful execution.
- Accountable for career development and skill development of direct report to ensure job satisfaction, retention, and future talent development.
- Recognize & reward performance.
- Provide manager and planner with timely feedback on personal developmental and training goals
- Customer and product centric. Ability to adapt work to meet the needs of the customer.
- 2-5 years of merchandising, buying, and/or inventory management experience
- Financial Acumen: The ability to use financial metrics to measure the performance of the business. Understand how financial levers impact results.
- Business Acumen: The ability to read and react to business results, understanding how decisions impact those results.
- Systems & Tools Acumen: The ability to quickly develop tool and system proficiency.
- Ability to formulate short term tactical plans that are effective, efficient and support business and product strategies.
- Ability to effectively sell a point of view to both peers and upper management.
- Basic knowledge of international production processes.
- Strong presentation skills.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top