Buyer, Kids - Old Navy China
Old Navy makes current American fashion essentials accessible to every family. From day one, Old Navy was a revolution. We were something the world had never seen - fabulous, affordable fashion. We didn't take ourselves too seriously, and we broke the industry's rules. We said fashion didn't have to be just for rich people - it could be for everyone. We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can shop for their must-have fashion essentials online as well as in one of our 1,000+ stores located globally.
When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path (and a pretty awesome one at that). We believe that style and quality should be accessible to everyone and we work hard to make that possible. Truth is, in fashion, it's easy to be exclusive. It takes a lot more creativity, guts and drive to be inclusive. What we believe in today is exactly what we believed in when we started: we're on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Sound good to you?
Old Navy – a brand for everyone, a place for you.
Job Summary: The Buyer for Old Navy China is responsible for ensuring that the Global Old Navy vision is brought to life through robust product and inventory strategies that are appropriate for the China market. The Buyer is the expert of their department and channel and is a true business owner who knows their customer and their market inside and out. The Buyer assorts a commercially viable product line and builds sales and inventory plans that drive sales and margin growth. The Buyer is responsible for partnering with the global team to ensure China needs are imbedded in the Global Old Navy product strategies.
Core Outputs – Division, Department, Style, CC plans. SAM, IR, Chase, Basics Management. Order Leader, Proficient in Systems & Processes. The Buyer is relentlessly commercial and sensitized to the weekly trends risks and opportunities. The Buyer responds to future seasons with robust actions based on weekly intel to drive and exceed future sales expectations. He/She will perform detailed market intelligence in partnership w/ the local merchant team and is the voice of China within the global ON organization. Always knows his / her numbers and business at the detailed level. Potentially trains & develops Asst. Buyer & Inventory Specialist.
- Develops and builds department & class level plans that support market/division strategy
- Develops and builds pre-season style plans and recommends investment quantities in line with commercial plan and market financial goals
- Manages the reconciliation of class-to-department bottoms-up plans
- Provides information to develop key concepts, key items, promotional strategies and assortments that are commercially viable and provide exciting store experiences in line with the Global Old Navy strategies.
- Understands product trends, historical data and departmental input at category/class level and applies learnings into future product strategies.
- Assorts based on market specific seasonality, sales trends and opportunities while maintaining the Global Old Navy product vision. Ranks styles based on historical and current product performance.
- Understands competitive environment; proactively seeks market knowledge through exposure to competitive retail outlets.
- Develops monthly forecasts of sales and inventory for Basics managed thru demand forecasting and vendor management tools, as required
- Mentor, support and develop Assistant Buyers and Inventory Specialists on the team.
550 TERRY FRANCOIS BLVD.
- 2-4 years work experience, preferred
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Analytic Skills: Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data
- Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- Collaboration: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Influencing & Negotiation: Can present ideas and directions that lead others to action
- Presentation Skills: Effective in a variety of presentation settings including one-on-one, small and large groups, and with peers and bosses.
- Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results; proficiency in retail math
- Systems and Tools Acumen: Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and have aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
- Process Management: Able to create and organize work and processes to get things done in the most efficient manner
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skills
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top