Buyer - Japan
In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the first Gap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. They wanted to make it easier to find a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was a hit, and today we're the world's most iconic American brand.
We're represented in more than 1400 stores in over 40 countries, and online. Our unique aesthetic is optimistic cool, elevated American style. We believe in staying true to our heritage while creating what's next.
Don and Doris Fisher always wanted to "do more than sell clothes," and today we're leaders in employee volunteering and social impact.
If you're full of ideas, if you want to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the world better than we found it, we'd love to meet you.
The International Buyer is responsible for the end-to-end assortment strategy from conception through execution for their respective market and channel of ownership. They own partnering with both the in-Market and NY HQ cross-functional teams to ensure they create impactful product strategies and see that strategy through flawless execution.
Gap Japan and Europe each operate ~100 specialty and ~50 Outlet stores across their respective markets. The international Product Team consists of Planning, Allocation, Buying, Store Planning, and Real Estate. They own working with their respective partners in-Market, Store Operations, Visual, Finance, and DC Logistics to ensure flawless execution of the end-to-end Product Strategy.
The Buyer, International will be a key member of the International Product Team, driving fully integrated assortment and investment strategies linked to financial Top Down Merchandise Financial Plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Key Strategic Business Owner in partnership with Planning, Allocation, and Store Planning team
- Own financial viability of assortment to enable fiscal plans and strategies
- In-Season and Pre-Season end-to-end accountability of product from inception to end-of-life
- Market share insights and competitive patterning
- Pricing strategy with VGBB connection
- Assortment and Attribute Targeting
- Architecture Plans
- Cc tweaks
- Line plan validation - Leverage NA Assortment Strategy, deviate for market specific nuances and business needs
- Manage exception attributes : Marketing level messaging by market & cow/star/dog - Leverage NA, deviate for Markets
- Line Adoption - Leverage NA, tweak for Market
- Establish Style Parameters:
- Global Assortment system ownership for market
- Ranking (in GA 1,3,5) + Assortment deviation
- Market Retail Ticket Pricing
- Retail Style set up work
- Compare @ pricing for Outlet Channel
- IMU owner as relates to retail ticket
- Gatekeeper of shared product
- Size range (Buyer)
- Hindsight - product (monthly)
- Business Recapping
- Competitive insights - pricing/promo
- In-Market - comp shopping (retail (directors) and online (all))
(Knowledge, Skills & Abilities that required)
- Financial acumen & strong open to buy principles
- Superior leader, trainer, developer of teams, role model & talent champion
- Strategic visioning / connecting complex business needs
- Detailed oriented with ability to zoom out to key strategic themes
- Ability to communicate with senior leaders across the organization
- Relentlessly commercial
- Professionally driven
- Comfortable with ambiguity and filling "white space"
- A "self-starter and "self-teacher" / ability to anticipate problems and resolve quickly before escalating
- Comfortable and leading in a matrix reporting structure
- Energized by owning part of E2E process (not entire process)
- Systems savvy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top